Scope and General Purpose
To follow up & supervise the advertising and communication department ensuring all external and internal communications & advertising achieve corporate strategic objectives and enhance competitive market performance within agreed deadlines, standards and budgets.
1. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- To propose, implement and follow up in co-ordination with the commercial team all advertising campaigns, strategic and media plans that are designed to effectively promote targeted products/services to targeted market segments.
- To execute & follow up effective advertising and communication strategies which support the development and growth of brand equity for the corporate brand as well as core product brands.
- To provide briefs and manage relationships with vendors and advertising agencies to ensure the execution of approved strategies and media plans within budgets and deadlines.
- To co-ordinate with Marketing Research Specialists ongoing market survey measurements to determine the effectiveness of advertising and marketing activities and adopt changes if necessary.
- To monitor the ongoing media plans, budget vs. plan measurements, forecasts and briefs to the marketing Manager on a timely basis .
- To remain informed and provide input to developments in the Product Development group in terms of product / service positioning in the market place, promotional and communication factors and branding. To develop and execute advertising and communications strategies to promote internally & to the public the successful launch and growth of new services and products
- To continuously monitor the advertising market and all media channels in KRG, cultivating relationships where appropriate, to fully understand the share of voice and expenditure in the market place, and secure cost effective payment and discount terms based on spend market share.
- To develop and manage the creation of all brochures, inserts, new service briefs, bill messages, public announcements and internal / external messages which are not directly placed in media, for the support of all sales and communication activities.
- To receive, filter, review and respond in coordination with the Marketing Manager to all requests for marketing resources and production from all departments.
2. Desired Skills & Experience:
- Completion of Bachelor’s Degree. MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Marcom field including 3 years in the telecommunications sector.
- High level of understanding and knowledge of marketing, advertising and building brand equity
- Strong team leadership ability and interpersonal skills.
- Very good knowledge of KRG’s Market.