Position: Maintenance and Integrity Superintendent
Line Manager: Operations Manager Location: KRI
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Company is steadily growing the business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan Region.
The Role at first is the Project Lead for developing, populating, and implementing a CMMS such as AMOS or Maximo while interfacing with other Projects leads responsible for the EAP system implementation. This first phase shall be approximately for 12 months on a 6/2 week rotation.
There after the role will change to an operational role for the planning and implementation of maintenance activities which then shall be on a 4/4 weeks rotation.
This KRI – Erbil - based role will report to the Operations Manager, focusing on multiple field developments and operations.
- Operating within Genel Energy core values and HSE ethics.
- Project Lead for developing, populating, and implementing a CMMS such as AMOS or Maximo and closely working with package provider and its Project Manager.
- Ensure that the planning and implementation of maintenance activities are in place. The availability of the facility equipment will be highly dependent on the correct coordination of planned and unplanned works.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of maintenance activities through CMMS.
- Ensure that all aspects of equipment’s specific maintenance requirements are understood.
- Ensure best available practices are adopted to support production uptime through equipment reliability, for example through; condition monitoring, risk based assessment, root cause analysis and preventative / corrective maintenance routines that are carried out effectively and efficiently through supervision and control.
- Responsible for developing the site based routines and measures that support improved facility availability and reliability working closely with the Production Department to ensure maximum uptime and production volumes.
- Ensure implementation of preventative and predictive maintenance plans / programs to ensure that Plant availability is maximised and corrective maintenance activity is minimised.
- Capable of developing independently new frameworks, Policies and Procedures and ensures implementation accordingly.
- Direct the implementation of preventative and predictive maintenance plans / programs to ensure that Plant availability is maximised and corrective maintenance activity is minimised.
- Attendance at the PTW (Permit To Work) meetings held daily when maintenance work tasks dictate.
- Actively engage and support the Inventory / Materials Management systems, processes and plans to ensure that materials are available to meet maintenance requirements, production demands and min / max stock levels are established for each item,
- Responsibility to review and adjust the min / max stock levels on a regular basis in support of production requirements and ensure data integrity through the e-procurement system.
- Engage with Third Party contractors to ensure that any contractual and operational issues are resolved in a satisfactory manner and Company receives a level of service which enables it to meet its maintenance services operational and strategic objectives.
- Support management / representatives of concerned parties to ensure that all major capital projects are executed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure functional objectives are achieved in a consistent manner through effective leadership of the maintenance department. Supporting individual objectives, supervising performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal, etc in order to maximise subordinate and departmental performance.
- Contribute towards identifying an optimum organisation structure for the maintenance department to ensure that resources are effectively utilised, suitably experienced personnel are placed in the appropriate positions, reporting lines are consistent and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
Skills and Qualification
- University graduation, preferably Engineering degree.
Work Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of 15 years in comparable, relevant and supervisory positions, gathered preferably in part or whole in Middle East countries and in comparable circumstances.
- Proven experience and results-oriented individual, strong leadership skills and ability to take account for actions.
- Good English language communication skills, spoken & written
- Experience of working in a high H2S oil & gas facility
- Experience working with and training multicultural staff, cultural awareness is key to success.
- Competence and Mentoring experience required and familiarity with the competence assurance programmes.
- Experienced in setting up system and processes that come with a green field development
- Good motivator for team and peers, solid integration required across all site and office departments.
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, and all associated safe control of work processes
- Computer literate with MS Office and CMMS (AMOS/ Maximo).
- Medically fit to onshore International Standards, expectation to be both site office and plant based role.
- Support the preparation of annual operating budgets and fiscally ensure value for money in a cost-conscious environment
- Experienced in project management, preparation of scopes of work for tenders, technical bid evaluations, project risk assessment, contracts coordination and management.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Pragmatic proactive self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must have a driving license.
- Able to work in KRI on a rotation basis.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers.
- IMT team member
- Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
- Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please submit your application via link below before November 24, 2021