- The M&E and Communications Officer is responsible for monitoring and evaluating project activities and supports the team in all media and PR activities in the different areas of implementation. The M&E and Communications Officer ensures high quality and timely results in the implementation of the ICT project. He/she works in close collaboration with the project team, partners, and government agencies.
The M&E and Communications Officer will:
- Implement the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plan in coordination with project director and project team to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of activities in accordance with the project log frame.
- Track baselines and key indicators and establish data collection tools and reporting mechanisms that capture progress in project implementation.
- Provide monthly feedback on the M&E goals and outputs to enable the project team to track its performance and for reporting purposes.
- Support the project’s partners in their monitoring procedures to meet accurate M&E
- requirements including provision of regular reports, success stories and media material.
- Prepare interim project reports by compiling M&E data to provide empirical evidence in accordance with GIZ monitoring and evaluation procedures, as well as data analysis and presentation for communication purposes.
- Contribute to staff knowledge and understanding of the M&E plan and the data collection tools and processes.
- Work closely with Communications Advisors of Country Office and Cluster to align reporting with field-based evidence collected at various intervals of the project.
- Quality management of PR, corporate design and communication guidelines by GIZ.
- Organizing events, workshops and other PR relevant activities for ICT Project.
- Harmonizing lines of communication together with implementing partners.
- Develop and maintain communication strategy including online and offline communication instruments in close collaboration with the project team.
He/She also assists in:
- Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Supports in data collection and analysis in close cooperation with implementing partners.
- Supports in conducting regular visits to project sites to carry out process monitoring as well as gathering feedback from the staff and the beneficiaries about the implemented project.
- Monitors and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Designs – and conducts focus group discussions, surveys (according to statistical methodologies, quantitative and or qualitative) in close cooperation with the Project Advisor.
- Monitors the sustainability of the project results.
- Prepares presentations and reports about the M&E findings and impact of the project.
- Assists the Project Advisor in preparing monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports on project activities.
- Organizes and delivers training with project partners on M&E
- Advises and supports project partners on their approaches to and management of
- data collection, data storage and utilization.
- Media and PR Work.
- Assists in the coordination of digital and non-digital communication activities within the project.
- Supports the further development of new formats or tools for internal and external communication in collaboration with the project consultant.
- Organizes events, workshops and other activities for the ICT project.
- Collects relevant press material during events (photos, videos, interviews, etc.)
- Assists in the creation of PR content for articles, social media posts, and video scripts.
- Quality management of publications and their compliance with GIZ standards (corporate design, content standards).
- Maintenance of project websites, factsheets and other social media platforms.
- Sharing information and supporting dialogue between team members and various GIZ projects.
The M&E and Communications Officer:
- Supports the team in daily operational activities.
- Performs other duties and tasks if needed at the request of the project advisor.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in communication, social/political/economic sciences, or IT or similar.
- Working experience of 3-5 years in M&E in the humanitarian and/or development sector.
- Experienced in working with international organizations and stakeholders.
- Experienced in working with surveys, quantitative and qualitative methodologies, evaluations, and designing monitoring tools.
- Good (working) knowledge of ICT technologies, computer applications (e.g. MS Office), and social media or similar.
- Business fluent in Arabic and English (writing and speaking), knowledge of Kurdish is an asset.
- Very good analytical, communication (target-group oriented), and organizational Skills.
- Extraordinary analytical and writing skills.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Has experience and enjoys working in a multi-cultural team.
- Willingness to learn and up-skill.
- Willingness to travel in the different implementation areas of the project (Central Iraq and KRI).
Requirements for application:
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.