PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position is responsible for the execution and reporting of all logistics activities to effectively support the overall Logistic and transport needs of the National Office.
- Ensure that all goods, work and services are received, distributed and recorded as per the established WV receipt guidelines
- Validate all supplier waybills (receipts) against the corresponding WV PO to ensure commodities are of the correct items, specifications, quantities and quality as manifested on the purchase order.
- Track, coordinate and manage all receipts at the NO to the appropriate project and/or programs to include all supporting documentation of shipment and receipt
- Issue goods received notes for all receipts to include any over, short or damages
- Communicate any receipt discrepancies to procurement officer with back up pictures and written documentation
- Perform quality sampling of receipts up to 10% of the receipt
- Validation and vetting of potential suppliers physical locations and materials
- Verification of supplier’s shipments prior to the supplier loading to insure the accuracy and quality of the shipment
- Track and manage all physical inventory and report monthly by business unit
- Track, analyze and report on established KPI’s to identify inefficiencies, areas of improvement and implements correctives processes, procedures and polices
- Perform other duties to support the SCM department as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University/High School Diploma
- Experience in Commodity Management
- Personal Management including initiative, self-motivation and direction
- Ability to set priorities and undertake new tasks quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Ability to prepare written reports requiring reasoning and precision of expression
- Ability to interpret and explain complex formal documents and systems and assist others to apply them.
- Demonstrated mathematical ability
- Must be a very honest person and willing to work for extra-long hours when required
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted