Based in Erbil, the Logistics Manager will be responsible for the management and the implementation of the logistics activities and ensure adequate logistics support to the Iraq mission / Coordination, the implementation of humanitarian program, in the respect of MDM procedures and donors’ requirements He/she will mainly be responsible for supporting logistical function in the Erbil and the field bases. Facilitates the proper logistic management in capital and the smooth running of logistic activities in the mission by assuming some tasks delegated by the (Admin and Log Coordinator) and assisting him/her in specific activities.
The Log Manager reports directly to Logistics / Admin Coordinator Iraq
S/he manages directly:
- 1 Mission Logistics Officer (Erbil)
S/he works closely with the Field Office and Coordination level teams which includes:
- Field Managers and Admin Finance officer(s) i.e., Erbil, Mosul, Kirkuk
- Finance team
- Technical Coordinators (i.e., Dep Med Co, MHPSS Advisor, GBV Manager, Log Advisor, Security and Access Manager)
S/he technically supervises:
- Mission Logistic Officer and Logistics and security Officers Mosul, Kirkuk.
1. Logistics Management
Under the direct management of the (Logistics/Admin Coordinator Coordinator), and with the technical support of HQ Logistics Advisor he/she will be responsible for:
- Supporting the activities of the Project with the resources, MDM’s procedures and tools, in order to facilitate achievement of the operational objectives:
- Oversee the implementation of and compliance with MDM logistics procedures, policies and management tools; when necessary, propose improvements.
- Responsible for logistical and medical supplies to the Project.
- Manage and monitor the logistics of the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the line manager and the technical adviser.
- Implement support activities (communications, electricity, transport) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, etc.).
- Coordinate the work of all the logistics teams, supervise their training and assessment.
- Participate and provides leadership on logistics aspects of any emergency response undertaken by the Mission when required.
- Report on regular basis about all logistics activities within the mission to the Admin and Log Coordinator. Participate in the implementation of the technical choices, policies and logistics procedures defined by
- the line manager, and ensure compliance with them; ensure the correct use of tools and documents for logistical monitoring.
- Participate in evaluating the material and human resources needed to carry out the logistical activities of the Project, in conjunction with the line manager.
- Assist the line manager and technical adviser with responding to emergencies, by keeping emergency stocks replenished.
- Providing a detachment of logistics staff without compromising normal activities.
- Participate in the preparation, updating and monitoring of the logistics budget.
- Ensure the proper use, monitoring, regular maintenance (in accordance with the MDM standards) and protection of all Project infrastructures, installations and equipment, particularly by establishing and supervising security measures/rules (theft, fire, etc.).
- Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of logistics buildings, office buildings, and residential premises of the MDM teams.
- Ensure good living conditions for the teams and compliance with the health and safety measures defined by the line manager, in close collaboration with the deputy medical coordinator.
- In the absence of the (Admin and Log Coordinator) provide technical input to the field offices.
- Monthly field trips to provide technical support to the bases.
- Oversee the storage, packing and management of stocks (logistics materials, stationery and maintenance products.
- Comply with the storage rules for stored products (food, hazardous substances, etc.).
- Perform regular consumption checks and update stock cards.
- Take a physical inventory of all MDM stocks and goods, in accordance with the frequency defined with the line manager.
- Regularly evaluate the storage areas used compared with the needs of the Project (volume, etc.); propose possible adaptations to the line manager (new organization, etc.).
- Responsible to assist LSOs on registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of MdM assets, ensuring full control of items at all stages.
- Upon reception of the goods, responsible for checking the quantity, state and content of packages received in comparison with the Order or Goods Received.
- If irregularities upon reception (missing or damaged packages or products, product errors, etc.) appeared, note them and inform promptly the relevant team.
- Ensure that all goods are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Produce all stock documents according to MdM policy and formats.
- Ensuring all assets are tagged and listed at the time of procurement, and that records are always up to date.
- Be responsible for the vector control and the good state of stocks.
- Assist LSOs to follows up the consumption of office material, fuel and lubricants used in the different facilities (office, house, store, etc.)
- Provide technical support to LSOs to ensures the maintenance and rehabilitations of all MDM premises (office, houses, stores, etc.) and checks on the general state of facilities (walls, roofs, electrical installations, water supply and quality…)
- Ensure that a fleet of vehicles that meets the needs of the Project in terms of size and quality is maintained; propose any necessary changes to the line manager.
- Oversee the effective management and regular maintenance of the vehicle fleet and correct completion of the logbook.
- Organize transport (daily movement of vehicles), in conjunction with the line LSOs, taking into account the needs of the Project considerations.
- Supervise and Monitor the fuel consumption of vehicles.
- Supervise to make assures that the car park is functional, being responsible for the vehicles and making sure they are in good working conditions all the time.
- Supervise and monitor to ensure the car is fully equipped as per security protocols.
- Supervise and train the teams of drivers, guards and any other staff involved
- Supervise and ensure the respect of MDM vehicle management procedure and vehicle weekly checkups with mission log officer
- Responsible for the transport and movement of goods in the project and to other projects (loading and offloading goods).
- Responsible for the reporting and follow up of the vehicle service and fuel consumption.
- To collect, compile and analyses data: Purchase Follow Up, Fuel Follow Up, Contract Follow Up, PARC statement
- To organize regular trainings for the LSOs, on MdM Logistic procedures in coordination with the adminn staff as per need.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, Master Degree/Certification in Supply Chain Management will be preferred
- At least 3 years’ relevant professional experience in Logistics / Supply Chain Management at country level as Log / Supply Chain Manager or above is required.
- Experience with an INGO/Humanitarian Organization in Iraq/Kurdistan will be preferred.
- Experience in developing capacities of local staff will be preferred.
- Independence, ability to take the initiative and of responsibility.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short and competing deadlines.
- Ability to draft concise and effective policies.
- Ability to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context.
- Ability to train Logistic staff and managers on the job.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Good analysis, objective, able to take a step back and analyse
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise and coach the work and team(s)
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Good people and communication skills
- Team spirit
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Problem-solving skills
- Positive working attitude
- Understanding and respect of MDM’s principles such as neutrality, impartiality.
- English: Excellent written and speaking ability
- Arabic: Excellent written and speaking ability
- Kurdish: Excellent written and speaking ability
- Position based in Erbil (with regular travel to the field)
- 06 months’ contract and renewed subject to funding.