Livelihood Specialist - Salah al-Din (Tooz)
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Livelihood Specialist - Salah al-Din (Tooz).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of UNDP livelihood project(s) in Iraq –Salahaddin (Tooz) and to contribute to World Vision objective of improving access to basic services and status of the local economies for sustainable integration and economic recovery in Salahaddin (Tooz). In addition, improving access to market-driven skills, knowledge and experience to men and women for decent jobs/employment, strengthening household economic well-being/welfare, strengthening capacity and inter- cluster coordination, and evidence & learning for quality implementation.
Field activities supervision:
- Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced during year 1, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
- Supervision, implementing and monitoring of the field activities.
- Ensure the supply and availability of materials in the stocks and sites. And follow up, inspect and ensure project material are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in timely way, and make follow with the supervisor those not delivered as per requisition.
- Support the Project Manager in the Procurement Request process.
- Support the Project Manager in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project.
- Ensure the collaboration with the local authorities in the intervention areas.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of community on Livelihood activities under the project.
- Liaise with beneficiary community and local authorities in the selection of project sites as per requirement of the project design.
- Monitor the site activities on daily basis and ensure that all the activities are implemented as per the project papers and requirements.
- Monitor progress of activities report all milestones and flag issues as soon as they arise.
- Participate in the regular meetings to review the quality and progress of the work. Prepare the required reports to the line manager (Project Manager) and feedback with accurate information.
- Assist Project Manager in periodic reports.
- Ensure the close liaison and consultation with Communities leaders during implementation of the Livelihood services as per project document requirement.
- Undertake capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including Household Committees.
Work quality outputs:
- Provide the project manager with continuous feedback on HH conditions, technology changes and all external factors that are likely to be relevant to it in the future; Spread the project identity and message into national stakeholders
- Support beneficiary selection, and ensure organizational and documental aspect of the beneficiary data
Reporting and communication:
- Promote economic interdependencies among different communities through workshops coaching sessions in accordance with Coaching best practices and standards.
- Lead and facilitate sharing best practices within staff and stakeholders
- Provide technical input and coordination of events in the community on promoting equitable access to resources, under the guidance of Project Manager
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager
- Based on the donor requirement, support project coordinator to submit required donor report
- Support Project Manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders like local authorities, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Perform other duties as required
- Attend and participate in weekly meeting with the direct line manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Food security and Livelihood and related fields are preferred.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
- Past experience in working with the livelihood sector
- Knowledge of the IDPs, returnees and host communities profile in Salahaddin.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Successful track record in project coordination.
- Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning in MEER countries.
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
- Up to 60 Percent domestic travel.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/food-security- and-livelihood/livelihood-specialist-salah-al-din-tooz/18133
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 20 November 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.