World Vision International is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Livelihood/Economic Development Project Officer - Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Economic Development project officer will be responsible for the implementation of the Safe Return Project, Ninewa funded by the Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP). The individual will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support and overseeing the implementation of market linkages for vulnerable households, financial inclusion, integration of social cohesion, and natural resource management interventions in Ninewa (different districts). Liaises and works closely with related structures, stakeholders (government and private sector), and community members and carries out day-to-day team management of community mobilizers, and training programs. Deliverable project outcomes in compliance with Donor’s requirements, livelihoods, and economic development quality benchmarks.
Quality Project Implementation
- Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
- Coordinate with Operations Manager, programmes, sector leads, finance, and administration staff to Facilitate beneficiary training on economic development modules/models
- Coordinate with line ministries or the private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager/coordinator
- Based on the donor requirement, support the project manager/coordinator to submit the required donor report
Planning and Budgeting
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Follow up and coordinate with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Higher education – Bachelors degree,
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English, and Kurdish languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience in communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages
The position is based in Ninewa
The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/food-security-and-livelihood/livelihoodeconomic-development-project-officer-ninewa-/16980
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 12 June 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.