Job Title: Legal Officer
Reports to: CEO
Duties & Responsibilities
- Legal review of contracts and deeds (supply, services, guarantee etc.).
- Preparation of claims, replies to claims and settlements under executed contracts.
- Preparation of legal opinions concerning T&C of executed contracts.
- Analysis of Iraqi legislation (civil, labour, etc.),
- preparation of legal opinions; Examination and development of corporate normative acts;
- Legal due diligence and legal translation of documents
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s in law Degree
- Occupational work experience - not less than 3 years, experience in ports and shipping industry will be an advantage
- Excellent English language is mandatory. Knowledge of specific of contracts under English law.
- Knowledge of ports and shipping industry standards in contracts Vast knowledge of Iraqi law