Deadline for application: 06/10/2020
Main purpose of the job:
- Cleaning and disinfecting linen, blankets, mattresses, etc, according to MSF protocols and procedures and (international) hygiene standards, in order to ensure an efficient quality of care and safe Covid-19 related environment-
- Accept and apply MSF principles, values and internal regulations. Apply MSF protocols and adhere to the rules implemented by MSF within MSF Covid 19 center.
- According to the protocols of an efficient laundry washing process, carrying out washing and disinfection of hospital linens, blankets, mattresses, professional clothes, etc.
- According to the protocols of an efficient sterilisation process, carrying out the washing, the drying, the disinfecting, the packaging and the sterilization of the materials and surgical linens, keeping track of the sterilization process and its quality and ensuring a sufficient source of heat and the good functioning of the autoclave
- Knowing, applying and making sure that the universal hygiene standards and security rules are respected for medical premises and according to protocols, cleaning and disinfecting health premises allocated to his/her position: patient’s rooms, staff room, storage room, kitchen, bathroom and latrine, doing it on a regular basis and as soon as the situation requires it
- Following up and ensuring the quality of the waste triage and emptying out the dustbins as much as necessary to ensure a smooth and efficient quality of care and a safe environment. Working in close collaboration with the “outside hygiene agent” especially regarding waste elimination
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the laundry or designated activities that should be communicated to the line manager
Specific requirements for the role:
- Essential Fluency in Arabic, desirable basic level of English
- Desirable: basic literacy skills
- Desirable previous experience in similar position with MSF or other NGOs
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid. The position can also be treated as Daily Worker and pay is in accordance with MSF Daily Worker salary grid.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered.
- By email to MSFCH-MosulEast-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
- Or in the CV box located in Mosul Nablus Hospital
- Please indicate “Laundry Worker East Mosul” in the e-mail title or on the envelope.
- We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
- Only English CVs will be accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process.
MSFCH will manage COVID-19 Intensive Care Facility in the Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Mosul, in order to support DOHN’s response to COVID-19 pandemic by providing lifesaving intensive care for COVID-19 confirmed severe cases.
As a part of the MSFCH team, you will be directly exposed to potential contact with COVID-19 patients. Therefore, all interested candidates must ensure not to have any medical pre-existing condition that would make them more vulnerable in case of contamination of the virus.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth. People with the following pre-existing medical conditions are more vulnerable to develop complications from this disease:
- Age > 60 years old
- Obesity and Severe Obesity – BMI >30 and ≥ 40
- Cardiovascular Disease, including hypertension, coronary disease, arrhythmia, heart failure
- Chronic lung disease (including asthma, COPD, TB), heavy smokers
- Chronic kidney or liver disease, including Hepatitis B/C
- Immunosuppression/immunocompromising conditions such as:
- Cancer treatment
- Bone marrow or solid organ transplant
- Prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants