The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Baghdad invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Community Contact Centre Operator/ Kurdish Badini
پیشە: كارمهندی بنكهی پهیوهندیی كردنی كۆمهڵگا /کوردی (بادینی)
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open ended contract)
Location: Iraq – Baghdad
Date of Issue: 02 December 2020
Deadline for applications: 21 December 2020
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for more than 30 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Community Contact Centre Operator is the primary point of contact between a caller and the ICRC. This front-line role is important in leaving callers with a positive impression of the ICRC and in ensuring the ICRC understands and, when appropriate, can be responsive to their needs. In particular, the Contact Centre Operator, must maintain a good overall understanding of the ICRC’s activities and operations in Iraq, feel a sense of ownership in responding to the queries of callers, and be able to distinguish between calls that can be addressed directly and others that will require more detailed follow-up.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to the calls , enquiries, and comments.
- Confidentiality required when dealing with the caller information.
- Understand the concerns/ issues of the caller and and decide on whether to be addressed or required close follow up or referrals.
- Data Collection for each call in the appropriate databases / software;
- Determines eligibility according to the listed requirements.
- Follow up on cases referred to other departments to ensure timely follow-up.
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
- Be available for field missions to become better acquainted with ICRC operations in Iraq.
- Participate in monitoring activities for ongoing projects.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma, university degree or relevant professional experience;
- 2–3 years' experience, for instance as a social worker or similar;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish Badini, and Arabic;
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer;
- Very good communication skills;
- Teamwork and collaboration;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Strong ability to work under pressure.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to (BAG_HRservices@icrc.org)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Graduation Certificate
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with
valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and engagement is needed immediately.
- Internal candidates are not allowed to apply for other positions during their probationary period.
- Internal candidates must submit 2 most recent job appraisals when submitting their internal application if relevant. As internal candidates’ performance review shall demonstrate (s) key competencies for the post;
- Internal candidate needs to inform his/her current line manager before applying for other internal jobs.
- Every candidate, whether external or internal must go through a background check.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).