Position: KRI Operations Superintendent
Line Manager: Operations Manager
Genel Energy Summary
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Istanbul, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Company is steadily growing the business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan Region.
This KRI – Erbil – rotational role will report to the Operations Manager, focusing on multiple field developments and operations.
For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com
• Operating within Genel Energy core values and HSE ethics.
• Represent and act as a company contractor representative within the field operations area and be liaison between the Company and associated Contractors.
• Provide overall leadership for the field operations support including drilling operations support from operated Genel assets and for managing the associated contracts.
• Interface closely with the GE Engineering teams, Operations, Drilling, SCM, HSE and Field Production teams to define requirements of field supporting processes and contracts. Ensuring regular active engagement with all parties to achieve a timely development and implementation of the necessary field operation contracts, management and contractor performance.
Skills and Qualification
• Must have relevant Operational Management/Engineering degree or similar from a recognised educational institution.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in upstream oil and gas production operations with extensive onshore experience, ideally in the MENA region.
• Extensive experience with Oil Field operations with production, drilling, civil, camp operations and associated contractors.
• Experienced in project management, preparation of scopes of work for tenders, technical bid evaluations, project risk assessment, contracts coordination and management for a wide range of field support contracts.
• Experienced in supporting the development of project execution strategies / plans and operational management processes.
• Experience of working with high levels of H2S and CO2 is preferred.
• Skilled in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations.
• Contract Management experience, min 10 years, dealing with noncompliance issues and KPI setting and adherence.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
• Good level of computing skills, for standard Office applications including Excel & Word.
• Pragmatic proactive self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Must have a driving license.
• Sensitivity working with different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
• Manage company internal assurance systems and resolve audit findings, as well as making investigation recommendations.
• Support and interface with the drilling field operations and provide the necessary operational and civil engineering support necessary for safe and efficient drilling operations.
• Act as a focal point for new contractors, kick off meetings and operational readiness.
• Support the preparation of annual operating budgets and fiscally ensure value for money in a cost-conscious environment.
• Actively promote the development of local talent. Help ensure proper succession plans are established, development plans are properly executed for those identified as successors, and make sure the entire operations team works towards the development of the local work force.
• Chairs regular team meetings and manages cross-disciplinary issues requiring management decision/approval, e.g., Setting operational objectives and establishing work priorities, integrated planning of field activities, support services contracting etc.
• Developing field operating and maintenance procedures while having broad experience in field site audits, including field life support and appropriate HACCP guidelines for assured hygiene best practise.
• Planning and responding to changing contractor requirements and ensuring a robust quality of service delivery in the provision of construction, accommodation, and catering services.
• The routine and periodic monitoring of contractor KPI’s including Field Hygiene audits & inspections of equipment and facilities including power generation and diesel delivery quality conformity. Also, SME focus for extension of existing or instigating future camp construction requirements.
• Responsibilities will extend to managing all extant contractual arrangements with local contractors, additionally provide SOW and ITT input for all related activities including the technical assessment of those submissions, as the De facto contract holder.
• Coordinating all facets of the operational tempo which under pins Production, Construction, Drilling and testing activity, including many aspects of Construction / Civils interface, HSSE logistic sustainment and local Community engagement. This will be directed by and in line with the Operations Manager’s task priorities.
• Focal point for vehicle requirements in field.
• The candidate will also be involved in supporting other green field projects in the KRI and field time is required for supporting vendors, contractors, and possible drilling teams.
• Responsibility includes the development and oversight of essential life and field support and cohesion of various departments. It includes contractual utility provision in order to support
concession development of the various assets in Kurdistan. This will include but is not limited to:
• Development of field supporting frame works, policies and procedures
• Managerially ably conduct and chair coordination meetings with contractors and key departmental representatives to ensure congruency and unity of effort in support of all construction, drilling and project objectives. In line with operational priorities.
• Provide quality control and assurance plus the timely delivery of all assets and administration in support of the Field mobilization & sustainment plan.
• Coordinate seamless delivery of the risk mitigation measures in line with Genel HSE policy and procedures outlined in contractual arrangements. Ensure all site equipment and facilities are operated in such a manner that essential life support is not disrupted, and production levels are maintained.
• Monthly KRI field accruals and cost accounting
• Emergency response support and incident investigation participant where required
• Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
• Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
• Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
• Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
• Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
• Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
• Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
• Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please submit your application via the link below:
https://apply.workable.com/j/A7E00003BB before November 15, 2021.