Job Title: Junior Social Media and Community Outreach Officer
Reports to: Head of GMAC
Duty Station: Baghdad with frequent travel to other areas in the Region and the rest of Iraq when required.
Junior Social Media and Community Outreach Officer - Migration Advice Centre Context
The Global Programme “Programme Migration for Development” (PME) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to establish migration advice structures in eleven partner countries of German Development Cooperation.
The objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries. This objective is actively being pursued by the following components: (1) Migration Policy Advice (2) Migration Advice (3) Development-oriented Return of Migrants (4) Diaspora Cooperation (5) Business Ideas for Development.
The focus of the Migration Advice Centre is to provide counselling services for returning migrants as well as the job seekers. The centre provides counselling services and information on vocational and educational programs, employment opportunities in the country, business start-up and business development advice. For this purpose, counselling services are tailored to each client individually and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counselling services, the programme intends to provide tailored support and qualification measures to the returning migrants and members of host community.
Overall Purpose of the Post
The position holder will manage and support in the overall PR and communication tasks, specifically in the field of social media and online presence of the programme. In addition, the position holder will be assisting the programme in its community outreach activities throughout Iraq Region and other governorates of Iraq. The position holder will also have the access to all the necessary support and tools to perform tasks he/she is entitled to, learn new skills and enrich his/her professional experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Running the social media pages of the centre (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked in,
- YouTube). This includes actively posting updates, creating content, coming up with new ideas, answering messages and comments
- Creating content in English and Arabic about programme updates, experience stories, activities and partner organizations
- Supporting the content creation and development of the global programme’s website
- In charge of being the communications focal point of the centre with multiple different stakeholders
- Team-working for initiating and running community outreach projects, visibility campaigns and other related activities
- In charge of the overall visibility of the centre, adhering to visibility guidelines and creating/developing the branding of the centre
- Creating visibility materials, like written articles, photo stories and videos
- Assisting in translating publications (English and Arabic)
- Preparing presentation materials, handouts and programme briefings
- Creating newsletters, news summaries and graphic summaries of the overall programme results, target group persona and other related material
- Creating monthly updates on visibility and outreach results and reporting numbers
- Cooperating with the team members and partner organizations for regular visibility, news, activities, success story updates
- University degree, preferably in the field of Media, Marketing, Communications or Social Sciences
- At least 2 to 4 years of working experience, preferably in the field of communications, community outreach and/or social media management
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, German language skill is an advantage
- Very good content writing skills for different social media platforms, newsletters, success stories and video scripts
- A very good public speaker and presenter
- Very good IT skills, knowledge of using MS office, Photoshop, video editing, any other related program is a plus
- Wide knowledge and working experience of running social media pages/channels, (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Good photography skill is a plus
- Attention and focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information
- Experience in working with or in the field of development cooperation is a plus
- Excellent team-working and communication skills
- Ability to work and perform under pressure independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative whilst multitasking to support various colleagues and meeting tight deadlines
- Able to establish good and respectful working relationship with all staff in the organization, demonstrating accountability and transparency to the roles and responsibilities
- Quick learner and willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the organisation in other duties as required.
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL- PME21-73) Junior Social Media and Community Outreach Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered