The Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees worldwide.
As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government–in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) –and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation.
With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer
people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The Procurement and Contract Officer is responsible to
• Assisting procurement and contracting unit in all activities related to procurement of goods and services between for Country Office and all Programs in Iraq
• Initiates small and average volume requests for materials and services for programmes in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations
• Inform project officers on the status of procurement and any customs matters related to shipment of goods procured
• Supporting the customs declarations/vehicle registration processes with coordination with Logistic unit
• liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the GIZ office
• maintaining a helpful attitude to customers, ensuring that the office creates a professional impression
1. Procurement of goods and services
- Quality check of the incoming relevant requests from the programs, ensure the fullness of required documents in cooperation with programs
- Initiate and maintenance tender process in line with GIZ regulations. In particular, to request quotations of goods from suppliers, evaluate quotations, recommend
- suppliers to Project Officer for their approval and choose best fit supplier/s according to GIZ guidelines
- Harmonize procurement practices across programs and ensure compliance with GIZ standards
- Ensure proper using of GIZ software for procurement of goods ProSoft and for services CoSoft
- Issue and process purchase orders, coordinate and monitor (or delegate monitoring to projects) the delivery of goods
- Process and issue the contract including tender processing
- Follow through the procurement process until the delivery is completed, as appropriate. Quality check of goods
- Process complaints about goods damaged during transport for GIZ Country Office.
- Coordinate delivery location and time with Logistic Officer in Country Office or in Program
- Ensure proper maintenance of filing for SAP Softwares, ProSoft, and CoSoft documents in paper form and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
2- External Networking and Internal Communication
- Negotiate to maintain a pool of suppliers for common goods and services requirements across programs, where volume or regularity of procurement arrangements spells economic advantage for GIZ
- Answer questions and clarifications in the procurement processes
- Maintain suppliers information and contact information to provide advice to the projects seeking referrals on certain goods
- Update and send a summary of procurements of goods quarterly to projects
- Maintain, file, and organize procurement documentations
3. Other duties/additional tasks
• Perform other tasks relevant to the job when the need arises and participate in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavors
Required qualifications, competencies, and experiences Qualifications
• University degree or formal professional diploma in business, accounting, finance or similar.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position
• Previous experience working with international organizations/agencies parallel to GIZ
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Outstanding knowledge of procurement of goods and services procedures
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Knowledge in SAP Procurements applications are an asset
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- High integrity and assertiveness in executing rules and regulations
- Ability to make clear, informed decisions
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Fluent in English, and German is added value and privilege.
- High attention to details, efficient in organizing service processes and economical in utilizing resources
- Ability to relate with all levels of personnel and with people of diverse cultures
- Well organized, able to work independently and for long (sometimes unscheduled) hours
- Able to operate effectively under pressure, rapidly perform situations assessments and respond quickly and affectedly as required
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Self-motivated and versatile enough to work in a multi-diverse team setting and changing work environment
- Intercultural awareness and respect for divers
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (ERB-CO21-127) Junior/Professional Procurement and Contract Officer
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivation letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screenshots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of