Roles and Responsibilities
Basic Purpose of the role
To assist the Production Operator in the daily operation of the production facilities safely, under the guidance of the Production Shift Supervisor and in strict compliance with Company and regulatory requirements and ensures production rates are maximised in line with production forecasts and targets and that equipment and facilities are operated to design capabilities.
Develop the Skills and Knowledge required to progress to a Production Operators role.
Production facility equipment covered includes oil and gas production systems, wells with ESP, oil stabilisation, gas sweetening and dehydration, produced water injection, power generation, fire and gas detection systems, ESD systems, Export pipeline, metering and utilities systems.
1. Work Effectively
- Establish effective relationships with colleagues and subordinates
- Establish scope of work clearly (briefings, toolbox talks, presentations)
- Learn to plan and control use of resources effectively (personnel, time, materials, transport, IT)
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analysing)
- Develop and demonstrate own Competence on the Process facilities
- Assist the Production Operator in operational activities (routine and non-routine) and develop understanding of how to record accurately and clearly the work history.
- Develop a sound of how plant and machinery is operated to comply with best practises.
- Participates in investigations e.g. incidents, process trips, production losses, identifies root causes and ensures implementation of preventative measures.
2. Daily Process Optimisation
- Work with colleagues to deliver results in line with agreed schedules and that production targets and equipment/facilities availability and performance targets are met.
- Work alongside a Production Operator to develop an understanding of the Company standards and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the application of appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure full system integrity prior to reinstatement.
- Assist the Production Operator in the completion of test runs on equipment by agreement with Maintenance Department.
- Develop an understanding of the process for the release of equipment for routine planned maintenance, controls the isolation process and the re-instatement on completion of work and in line with the Permit to Work requirements.
3. Monitor Process Equipment
- Carry out regular checks on equipment operating points for process monitoring purposes, under guidance of the Production Operator.
- Develop an understanding of how to record accurate readings and record in appropriate log books, to identify any altering process parameters, complete these checks under guidance of the Production Operator.
4. Diagnose upset conditions within the process parameters.
- Assist in the prompt response to process upsets in line with approved procedures.
- Develop an understanding of the appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and application of these to methodically resolve process issues.
- Develop an understanding of the Record keeping required to provide an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
5. Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Assist in the monitoring of the controlled discharges from the facilities to the environment and develop an understanding of the required corrective action if they are out with the prescribed limits.
- Assist in the identification of and develop an understating of the actions required to halt unplanned discharges where possible,
- Develop an understanding of the requirements in place such that equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure and that worksites in area of responsibility are kept clean and tidy.
- Resources such as PPE materials tools and spares are not wasted or used inefficiently
6. Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Work area within your own responsibility is kept clean and free of hazards
- In coordination with the Production Operator, ensure that all work in area of responsibility is carried out in strict compliance with permit-to-work systems.
- Develop knowledge to provide the required support and guidance to those working in future area of responsibility on the Permit to work system, contribute to Tool Box Talks and Audits.
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behaviours
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor.
7. Emergency Response
- Develop competence during Emergency Response Drills and training exercises.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Local technical school
- Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas production, process and utilities systems, operations and wells
- Basic understanding of safe working.
- Basic English language communication skills, spoken & written.
- Experience of working in a High H2S oil & gas facility is desirable
- Medically fit
- Personal: Exemplary awareness of safety issues. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined
- Willingness to learn and develop their personal skill set.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication. Positive and assertive
- Technical: Some previous electrical experience in an industrial application.
- IT: Use standard MS ‘Office’ package electronic mail system and diagnostic software and equipment as required