Miswag is Iraq's first online shopping platform and the largest retail platform in terms of valuation in the Iraqi market. Miswag was founded in 2014 and was designed and brought to life by a team of Iraqi specialists in website programming, commercial experts, and industry veterans. Miswag aims to introduce quality and convenience to the Iraqi market by bringing high quality goods, convenience, and world-class service into the hands of Iraqi shoppers.
At Miswag, we give equal emphasis to both our customers and people. We believe that behind every great company is a great team. With a diversity of backgrounds, ideas, options, and life experiences. We hire smart, creative, and passionate professionals who believe in continuous learning and development. Our culture is one that encourages, supports, and celebrates our innovation, people, and their efforts. And looks to expand and build it constantly.
We are looking to hire a Junior People Ops Generalist to manage and maintain our human resources records and perform a variety of HR functions.
In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining and recording HR information, managing the HR database, assisting company employees with enrollment procedures, assisting senior HR personnel with an array of HR processes including interviews, training, and any HR needs in Miswag’s warehouse.
To ensure success as a Junior People Ops Generalist, you should have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Junior People Ops Generalist is well organized, efficient, and approachable.
- Assisting with the hiring process and communicating with potential job candidates.
- Contacting candidate references and verifying education listings.
- Managing HR records including, resumes, applicant logs, and employee forms.
- Issuing employment contracts and verifying completion.
- Issuing new employees with enrollment documents.
- Conducting employee orientations.
- Explaining employee benefits.
- Responding to HR-related queries within the company.
- Maintaining employee confidentiality.
- Assisting with the distribution of training material.
- Creating and updating department policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
- Previous experience working in human resources.
- Knowledge of database software, email systems, and office software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Iraqi employment law is preferred.
- Empathy and an approachable demeanor.
- Attentiveness and honesty.
- Ability to work and coordinate within a team setting.
- Willingness to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment.