Junior Obstetrician Gynaecologists
under DoH contract
MSF Switzerland is looking for Junior Obstetrician Gynaecologists in Nablus Hospital, West Mosul, to implement gynaecological and obstetrician procedures. Furthermore, the job aims at performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology related risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services
The candidate will accept and apply MSF principles, values and internal regulations. Apply MSF protocols and adhere to the rules implemented by MSF within Nablus hospital.
Key tasks as Gynaecologist include:
- Understanding and respecting the patients’ dignity, accept them as participants in medical decisions, ethic codes and communications to patients/caretakers on their conditions, possible complications, treatment and follow-up plans and ensure the follow up of consent of medical information.
- Demonstrate competency in patient care, medical knowledge, communication skills, professionalism, practice-based learning and improvement based on MSF recommendations (Gyne-obs related cases and surgeries).
- Under direct supervisions of senior gynaecologists and/or the chief of gynaecologist to diagnose and manage all clinical problems in general obstetrics and gynaecology based on MSF guidelines and protocols.
- Under supervision of senior gynaecologist and chief gynaecologist; provide emergency gynaecology/obstetric consultations, surgical intervention (C-section, hysterectomy, etc.).
- Improve their own knowledge and ensure the follow up of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynaecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risks and to extend best reproductive health care practices as per MSF recommendations.
- To compile patients’ files properly and completely.
- Maintain a correct channel of communication with both their supervisors as with the rest of the medical staff to assess, plan, provide and integrate care for patients, according to their level of responsibility in every shift as per MSF recommendations.
- Ensure patients follow up and document their records.
- Contribute to the supervision of the quality of disinfection and sterilization processes and Infection prevention rules.
- Participate in the monitoring and the reporting of gynaecological/obstetrical activities and provide analysis.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Medical doctor Degree MBChB
- Successfully completed foundation programme (Junior house officer)
- Minimum two years’ experience as junior gynaecologist (Senior house officer of gynaecology or gynaecology resident)
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking and writing)
Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Preferable management experience as well as training experience
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Ability to multi-task, meet pressing deadlines and anticipate needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of planning and organizing
- Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment and Stress Management
- For applicants with foreign certificates, Iraqi recognised state-diploma is required.
- For applicants registered under DOH Ninewa, a non-objection letter should be provided only if the staff is selected and only when he/she will start work with MSF.
- Remuneration in accordance to the Incentive grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organisation;
- Working in multi-cultural environment, interacting with international experienced gynaecologists;
- Flexible working schedule fitting DOH working schedule;
- International Training opportunities and: Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics, OB-Point of care Ultrasound, etc.
- Participate actively in scientific research projects in Obstetrics and Gynaecology areas;
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter & CV, Diploma & DoH Card to email@example.com or hand in your cover letter and CV in the CV box located in Nablus Hospital, West Mosul
Please put “Gynaecologist” on the application.
Do not hand in any CVs produced in shops. They will not be considered. Handwritten CVs and cover letters are acceptable.
In all CVS you need to clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.