In your role, you are responsible for the technical, substantive, and organizational implementation of a project’s measures and activities. In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering, and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases. You are also responsible for providing specialist support to colleagues in bands 2 and 3 and ensuring the quality of the commission’s outcomes.
In addition, you contribute to the conceptual design of the project, in particular its modification or realignment.
You make technical and substantive contributions to overarching issues in cooperation with commissioning parties/clients, partners, and other actors and thereby support the achievement of the agreed objectives of the respective project and provide the impetus for further strategy development.
In coordination with the country director and your line manager, you also use your contacts for the acquisition of contracts on behalf of the company.
In consultation with your team colleagues and line manager, you also coordinate all issues within your area of work and ensure that they are dealt with promptly and competently. You resolve problems that arise in your area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges in your team.
In consultation with your line manager, under your role, you may assume management responsibility for staff members in band 1, with due regard for P+R and GIZ’s applicable HR policies, instruments, and procedures. You are involved in ongoing process development within your remit, are responsible for knowledge management, and prepare and share documentation. If required, you also support other experts in familiarizing themselves with and performing their tasks. You perform the tasks assigned to you by your line manager, where required.
Under the supervision of the Head of GMAC / Career Centre, The Capacity Development Advisor is responsible for the design, management, and implementation of capacity development initiatives for civil society organizations (CSOs) and political partners, including developing curricula, organizing, and coordinating training events, leading workshops, and designing technical assistance delivery schemes while assisting in human capacity developments measures conducted by the Migration for Development program.
In your role, you deal with the matters and job orders assigned to you after prior consultation with your line manager. You also respond promptly and competently to matters that fall within your assigned thematic area, where applicable in consultation with experienced specialists, and following consultation remain available to answer further inquiries.
You clearly communicate the relevant requirements, conditions, and restrictions in terms of your capacity to act with due regard for compliance rules and P+R. You deal with the matters job orders assigned to you with due regard for all the legal, contractual, socio-political and corporate policy requirements and the instructions of your line manager and follow up the processing and completion of those tasks.
In consultation with experienced specialists, you enter into contracts with due regard for all the legal, contractual, socio-political and corporate policy requirements and the instructions of your line manager and follow up the processing and fulfilment of those contracts.
In particular, you assist in managing and further developing a results-based monitoring system for the program or project and in collecting, preparing and making available relevant data.
Working with experienced specialists, you resolve problems that arise in your area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges in your team.
In addition, you deal with all associated matters in your thematic area promptly and competently.
You provide support for knowledge management and ongoing process development in your area of responsibility. You also prepare and share documentation.
You perform the tasks assigned to you by your line manager, where required.
BRIEF PROFILE Example (5-8 main tasks based on the formal job description or staff assessment and development talk – please update)
- Supporting the implementation of baseline, mid-term reviews, and end-line surveys.
- Planning and implementing periodic field monitoring, beneficiary follow-up, and data quality assurance exercises including analysis, dissemination of findings, and follow-up of action points.
- Preparing, analyzing, verifying, and reporting monitoring data.
- Maintaining an updated database of all beneficiaries receiving assistance from RePLECA and ARILA projects.
- Supporting the deployment of GIZ approved digital data collection tools for routine monitoring and survey activities.
- Supporting an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior.
- Assisting project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups.
- Fostering innovation and knowledge management for the project.
The brief profile is not intended to provide a full and complete description.
(Optional additional text: Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to
perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
Qualifications and specialist knowledge (optional, if required)
(Qualifications and specialist area):
- Bachelor`s degree in statistics, information technology, engineering, social sciences, or any other relevant disciplines.
- Profound working experience in using different data management, analysis and visualization applications/software including MS Excel, SPSS, Stata, PowerBI, Arc GIS, KOBO collect among others.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- At least 3 years professional experience as a monitoring and evaluation professional in an international NGO in a similar role/with similar responsibilities specifically in post conflict contexts.
- Experience in database development.
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (RAARILA22-024)
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered