Job Title: Junior Migration/Reintegration Adviser
Reports to: Coordinator Advisory Board, M&E Central and South of Iraq
Duty station: Baghdad
The Global Programme “Returning to New Opportunities” (PPH) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to establish migration advice structures in twelve partner countries of German Development Cooperation. The objective of the programme is to strengthen the development – relevant contributions of migrations in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries.
The position holder will carry out advice and support giving services in the above- mentioned frame to individuals seeking counselling and support, especially to returnees from Germany. He/She works in a team of advisors under the supervision of the Coordinator Advisory Board, M&E and Public Relations. He/She provides advisory services to clients, researches, compiles and makes available relevant information, offers and actors in the area of legal migration and reintegration offers (business start- up, job placement, vocational training, psychosocial support and others) in Iraq. He/She exchanges with his/her counter parts in Germany in order to provide country-specific information to migrants intending to migrate to Germany and migrants interested in returning to Iraq. He/She cooperates with relevant counterparts within bilateral projects of GIZ and GIZ country office. He/She supports the team in the development of the activities and approaches of the centres. He/She additionally supports the team during field-work in regard of communication with various actors.
A. Responsibilities and Tasks
- Accompany Advisors providing counselling to above mentioned target groups.
- Researching relevant information on existing actors and offers in the area of social and professional reintegration.
- Contributing to information events related to advice giving for target group.
- Ensure that GMAC beneficiaries are supported according to the guidelines given by the Coordinator Advisory Board
- Cooperating with counterparts in the frame of global programme and providing updated reintegration related information.
- Contributing to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities including tracking of clients.
- Ensuring good flow of information and coordination with all local and international partners.
- Researching, reviewing, preparing relevant reports and documents, including the input on weekly updates, monthly and annual reports.
- Organizing events, workshops, and seminars on national and international level.
- Supporting the visibility and outreach of the project services through social media.
- Updating the relevant folders of the GIZ (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
- Liaise with other GIZ programmes operating in Iraq.
- Engaging in other activities as assigned by the Coordinator Advisory Board, M&E and Public Relations
- Ensuring the context-sensitivity implementation of concept and tools.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
B. Professional experience:
At least 1-3 years’ work experience in comparable position, preferably with international organizations or companies, with references
- Proficiency in English, Kurdish and Arabic speaking verbally and written required.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Experience in working with or in the field of development cooperation and/or labour market policy/migration.
- Broad knowledge in advising job-seekers or similar clients
- Knowledge in the field of migration and asylum.
- Knowledge in the legal basis for labour migration to Germany is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative whilst multitasking to support various colleagues and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and person under pressure independently.
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills, including adapting communication to different recipients and networking in the country of deployment and with the international community.
- Able to establish good and respectful working relationship with all staff in the organization, demonstrating accountability and transparency to the roles and responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel).
- Fast-learner and willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the organisation in other duties as required.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PME21-156) Junior Migration/Reintegration Adviser
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen- shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered