The Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees worldwide.
As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government–in particular, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) –and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation.
With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
Invoice check is part of the Accounting and Finance Section of the GIZ Country Office Iraq.
As part of the job description of the unit is to arithmetically process all types of invoices that are contracted through the country office, this also includes the preparation of monthly NP payroll. Thus, an invoice check junior office in GIZ Country Office Iraq is required to do the tasks mentioned above in light of GIZ P+R and countrywide policies. Below is the detailed list of tasks assigned to junior invoice check officer
- Reads understand and implement GIZ P+R in his day-to-day work. He/she keeps him/herself updated on all policies, procedures, and rules relevant to his/her job
- Reads understand the GIZ chart of account and ensure that cost categories are correctly applied
- Process his/her daily tasks in line with the established standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Reads and understand the financial processing of service/consulting contracts, construction contract, local subsidy, and financing agreements
- Develops a cordial, direct, and productive work – relationship with the finance officers and accountants in the Finance and Accounting Unit.
- Keeps up-to-date records of ongoing contracting and procurement files.
- Returning all contracting and procurement files after the final payments are released and with a clear record of invoices to the respective unit for contracting and procurement.
- Doing arithmetical check for all incoming invoices per the P+R and binding agreed contractual conditions stipulated in the contracts.
- Ensures that all underlying documents are complete and additional note for file in the case of unclarity is attached for easy review of third parties.
- Doing regular invoice check on account for each incoming invoice using contracting and procurement software of GIZ
- Carrying out commitment/obligo deduction after an invoice is paid and recorded in GIZ accounting system (WINPACCS) and forward the file to the Head of Administration and Finance for final closing.
- Processing all travel claims related to business flight in line with GIZ travel guideline government the reimbursement of business trips and local policies established by GIZ country office
- Reports any irregularity to the unit manager.
- Applying correct cost codes using GIZ chart of account for all types of financial transactions being paid through GIZ account.
- Responsible for the management of shipment/mailing between Baghdad and Erbil. Likewise, he/she keeps a clear record of shipments and with clear handing and taking over.
- Replacing the finance officer of the GIZ country office in Baghdad during his/her leave or other absences. Under this circumstance, he/she shall operate the GIZ electronic cash and bank accounts.
Other duties/additional tasks
The Junior Invoice Check Officer responsible for
- Regularly following the account receivable and payable for PNs he/she is responsible and provide timely settlements s to book advances to cost or reimbursed.
- In the event of an incomplete invoice, he/she informs the projects without any delay in order to receive the missing documents
- Reporting the irregularities and non-compliance when noticed/found during invoice check.
- Take an active part in the team meeting, general administration, and finance meeting
- Provide orientation and technical support to the staff members in the project
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- supporting the annual audit of GIZ country office
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Education: University degree in financial accounting, business administration, or comparable degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of finance and accounting with international NGOs, international organizations, or enterprises and familiar with international standards in accountancy.
- Thorough experience in working together with other administrative departments (administration, coordination, management of human resources, technical advisory services)
- Responsibility: Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
- Fluent English, Arabic, and preferably in Kurdish language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Being able to travel to other destinations within Iraq mainly between Baghdad and Erbil
Other Knowledge, additional competencies
- Office Software literacy
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-CO21-126) junior invoice check officer
- The subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivation letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots, and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications past the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.