Job Title: Junior internal Control Officer
Reports to: Head of Unit and Head of Administration and Finance
Duty Station: Erbil
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees worldwide. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government–in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) –and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
Internal controls are the mechanisms, rules, and procedures implemented by an organization to ensure the integrity of financial and accounting information, promote accountability, prevent fraud and ensure that the established rules are applied Internal control is the integral part of the GIZ finance and administration that ensures to regularly carry out internal control per the binding agreement between GIZ, BMZ and other donor ministries. To ensure the successful IC within GIZ field structure. The main duties of internal control officer are hereunder:
A – Tasks the junior IC Officer supports the head of finance and IC coordinator for:
1. Planning the annual schedule of internal control activity.
2. Sharing the IC plan with respective AVs to agree on the solid date
3. Selecting the list of business transactions, procurements, contracts and other files for the time GIZ intends to carry out IC for individual projects. The IC officer selects documents from office as well as from project own journal
4. Conducting the IC, discussing the findings and finalizing the report including timeline for completion of measures for project under the supervision of line manager.
5. Maintaining comprehensive files of IC results using the standard filing structure of GIZ. This applies to hard filing and electronic filing uploaded on DMS and local serve
6. Supporting the IC coordinator in following the findings, receiving the completion of measures from each project and other concerned units of country office
7. Ability to travel throughout the country when conducting the IC on project locations
A – Tasks
The junior IC Office supports the Internal Control Unit with the following:
- Ensures that proper and reliable accounting procedure is in place
- Ensures that contracting and procurements are taking place in-line with GIZ P+R and local law applicable to GIZ procedure
- Compliance with the legal provisions applicable to GIZ.
- Ensures that GIZ Iraq tax law is applied for all business deals.
- Reads, understands the chart of account and ensures that cost categories are correctly applied
The junior IC Officer supports the IC unit in the following:
- Supporting the unit manager in IC coordinator in providing annual IC management report by compiling the main findings to the management of GIZ country office.
- Sets measures for the completion of findings and incorporate the completion date to the annual IC schedule.
- Sets criteria to systematic improvements in project administration
- Conducing the internal control not focusing on mistakes but to provide broader compliance-oriented advices in light of GIZ P+R
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Education: University degree in auditing, financial accounting, business administration or other comparable degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience in the field of audit, finance and accounting with international NGOs, international organization, or enterprise and familiar with international standards in accountancy.
- Thorough experience in working together with other administrative departments (administration, coordination, management of human resources, technical advisory services)
- Responsibility: Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
- Fluent English, Kurdish and Arabic language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Office Software literacy
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-CO21-138) Junior internal Control Officer
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered