The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public- benefit federal enterprise that supports the German Government and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The Communications Unit is responsible for the overall communication about and visibility of GIZ’s activities in Iraq. This includes the monitoring of national and international media, carrying out of internal and external communication measures, usage and development of digital tools and production of high-quality information formats and products.
Financial contract management is part of the Accounting and Finance Section of the GIZ Country Office Iraq. As part of the job description of the unit is to arithmetically process all types of invoices that are contracted through the country office. Thus, a junior financial contract management specialist Job description.
in GIZ Country Office Iraq is required to do the tasks mentioned above in line of GIZ P+R and countrywide policies. Below is the detailed list of tasks assigned to a junior financial contract management specialist.
- Financial processing of all contract types, i.e., local subsidy, grant agreements, service/ consultant, construction, and procurement of goods.
- Doing arithmetical check for all incoming invoices per the P+R and binding agreed contractual conditions stipulated in the contracts.
- Processing all travel claims related to business trips in line with GIZ travel guideline.
- Settling all the flight tickets based on GIZ P+R in monthly bases.
- Regularly following the account receivable & payable and provide timely settlements.
- Applying correct cost codes using GIZ chart of account for all types of financial transactions being paid through GIZ account.
- Keeps up to date record of on-going contracting and procurement in SAP.
- Carrying out commitment/Obligo deduction and return all contracting and procurement files after the final payments to respective contract unit in GIZ country office.
- Record all the payments in the monitoring of invoice tracking sheets.
- Record all the travel claims in the monitoring of travel tracking sheets.
Other Knowledge, additional competencies
- Education: University degree in financial accounting, business administration or comparable degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of finance and accounting with international NGOs, international organization, or enterprise and familiar with international standards in accountancy.
- Fluent English and Arabic language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Being able to travel to other destinations within Iraq mainly between Baghdad and Erbil
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Office Software literacy
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
- CVs and motivation letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered