Title: Junior Communication Specialist
Reports to: Country Manager Operations
Duty Station: Erbil
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public- benefit federal enterprise that supports the German Government and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions. The Communications Unit is responsible for the overall communication about and visibility of GIZ’s activities in Iraq. This includes the monitoring of national and international media, carrying out of internal and external communication measures, usage and development of digital tools and production of high-quality information formats and products.
The Junior Public Relations Officer is responsible for
- Monitoring of national media and reporting about the most relevant topics
- Further developing digital communication instruments and formats
- Introducing new communication instruments to staff
- Production of standard visibility material
- Professional content production, editing and layouting
- Consulting for and assisting with activities such as communication campaigns, video and photo productions
The Junior Public Relations Officer performs the following tasks:
- Daily monitoring of national media and preparation of a weekly summary of most relevant articles in a dedicated format for distribution to all GIZ staff in Iraq
- Supporting in high quality producing, as well as accurate editing and translating of content for different target groups and communication formats
- Supporting the creative development of contents and layout of communication tools and formats in accordance to GIZ’s corporate design standards and guidelines
- Advising staff and partners of GIZ Iraq in the correct application of GIZ’s corporate design for various visibility materials and occasions
- Production of visibility material, including coordination of service providers such as print shops
- Supporting the preparation of information/visibility material for foreign delegations and VIP visitors
- Participating in and reporting (text and photos) about events relevant for communications
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in the field of Communications, Media, Journalism or related
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position in the field of communications / public relations
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluency in English, Arabic, Kurdish; Knowledge of German is an asset
- Very good and target-group oriented communication and networking skills – both verbally and in writing
- Very good IT skills: proficient usage of MS Office 365, InDesign and Photoshop are essential
- High dedication, accuracy and attention to detail in performing all required tasks
- Good photography skills
- Fast learner with the willingness to broaden and deepen knowledge and skills as required
- High sense of responsibility
- Ability to work independently and self-responsibly
- Strong personality and resilience to stress and high workload
- Creative mindset
- Strong teamwork ability
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-CO21-162) Junior Communication Specialist
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.