Job title: Junior Administrative Specialist(Travel Management)
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
Junior Administrative specialist is part of the Adminstration and Finance Section of the GIZ Coun try Office Iraq. A junior administrative specialist is responsible for performing administrative func tions to support business operations and requirements.
This position in Erbil supports the following main tasks:
- • Focal contact for travelers in projects/clusters, country office staff, partner staff for their arrangements with the travel agency for duty trips.
- • Immediate quality check of all travel applications and supporting documents before send ing them to travel agency for bookings (charging of cost to PN, information of AV, duty trip/private trip/CTO, consistency of itineraries, copy of passports, etc.).
- • Reviewing and discussing flight options with the travelers with respect to pricing, flight time, CO2 emissions, etc.
- • Booking of flight tickets, domestic and international trips, for all GIZ IQ employees and for partners accommodation arrangements for CO staff.
- • Contacting GIZ offices in other countries to make arrangement for accommodations, transport for participants of GIZ events and reservations of convenient venues • Review of all flight tickets and arranging necessary amendments, e.g. because of changed itineraries of the travelers
- • Checking all invoices from the travel agency against travel applications, quotations, re bookings, and actual travel routes.
- • Calculation of advance payments for cost of travels in Iraq and abroad.
- • Regular review of standard operational procedures for travel management with the travel agency
- • •Market search and supporting preparation of tenders for travel agencies
- • Bachelor’s degree in financial, business administration or comparable degree Professional experience:
- • Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of finance and administration with international NGOs, international organization and travel agency.
- • Fluent English, Kurdish and Arabic languages proficiency are mandatory (written and spo ken).
- • Being able to travel to other destinations within Iraq mainly between Baghdad and Erbil. • Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible. • Office software literacy.
- • Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed-corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- • Proficient management and communication skills.
- • Ability to relate with all levels of personnel and with people of diverse cultures. • High attention to details, efficient in organizing service processes and economical in utilizing resources.
- • Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a sub statical workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
Important notes for your application
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL CO023-009) Junior Administrative Specialist Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
- GIZ templates for applications