Job title: Junior Administrative Specialist-(Invoice Check, Accounting, Office Management)
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels. The Junior Administrative specialist is part of the Administration and Finance Section of the GIZ Country Office Iraq responsible for supporting the Invoice Check and Accounting unit as well.
This position in Erbil supports the following main tasks:
- Monitoring of open receivables and liabilities, sending reminders, collecting and pre-checking documents based on the respective checklists with a special focus on flight tickets and their settlements via travel claims
- Compiling, scanning, and archiving vouchers for/to B/E files and in WINPACCS Cloud in compliance with P+R
- Regular update of organizational charts, tables of responsibilities, authorization of em-ployees for MS Teams groups and channels.
- Drawing up budgets for CO events, research and selection of venues, preparing requests for external support, focal point for organizational issues during the event, material check of invoices.
- Editorial management of the CO Finance and Administration newsletter.
- Other office management tasks, e.g. management reports and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in financial, business administration or comparable degree
- Professional experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of finance and administration with international NGOs, international organization and travel agency.
- Fluent English, Kurdish and Arabic languages proficiency are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Being able to travel to other destinations within Iraq mainly between Baghdad and Erbil.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Office software literacy.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed-corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Proficient management and communication skills.
- Ability to relate with all levels of personnel and with people of diverse cultures.
- High attention to details, efficient in organizing service processes and economical in utilizing resources.
- Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a sub- statical workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
Important notes for your application
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications