Job Title: Junior admin specialist
Reports to: Head of Administration and Operations
Duty Station: Baghdad
The GIZ “Economic Development and Life Perspectives” cluster aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of Iraqi citizens by implementing activities in the areas of economic policy advisory, vocational training, promoting technological innovation, financial inclusion as well as sport and cultural events. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organization active in 130 countries with over 21.000 employees.
The duty station for the “Junior Administration Officer” is the GIZ Baghdad Office.
The position holder will be coordinating and implementing the administrative support to all cluster projects, i.e. working with multiple projects at the same time.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
The position holder is responsible for:
- Supporting the cluster projects’ operations in close coordination and cooperation with the other administrative staff in the team.
- Ensuring an effective communication flow, among the projects and the admin team.
- Ensuring that financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
- Ensuring that the cluster projects’ offices he/she is responsible for are fully equipped with the necessary IT equipment and supplies necessary for the staff upon request
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Logistical Support to Project Activities
- The Junior Administration officer Supports in arranging trainings, events, meetings, delegation tours and travels logistically. This includes e.g. booking of venues, transportation tickets, translators and equipment, invitation of participants etc.
- The position holder ensures the timely availability of all office equipment and their quality according to GIZ standards.
- Coordinates the staff transportation using the project cars and external service providers in close communication with the fleet management teams.
2. Cluster/ Projects Administration
- The position holder procures items for the cluster projects according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Support the finance team to keep track of inventory.
- supports the GIZ HR department on behalf of the projects, informs about new and existing administration rules, creates and upholds internal project administration procedures, arranges travels and appointments, , and supports the projects in all other administrative matters.
- The position holder will be in charge of all procurement requests up to 2500 Euro. This includes the preparation of request, coordinating with the logistics team to procure the goods, receiving the goods and check them, and finally, document all the process relevant documents in the project files on DMS.
- The position holder will conduct market surveys, and market assessments whenever needed upon request from the Administration manager.
- The position holder will draw lists of available equipment in the project’s stock such as IT equipment, hibernation equipment, stationary, etc.. in close communication and coordination with the logistics team.
- Works as a health focal point for the cluster office, ensuring that all health measures are provided in the office and that the health SOPs are complied with.
- Translates documents from Arabic to English and vise versa whenever needed.
- Supports the admin team in the cluster to process travel settlements for national staff in the cluster projects in coordination with the finance team.
- The position holder will coordinate with the admin teams in other duty stations and cluster offices to ship equipment and documents and to exchange information among those various office locations.
3. Document Management System (DMS)
- The position holder checks and maintain the proper filing in DMS according to PuR on a regular basis.
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- The position holder will support the cluster with any additional tasks of non-technical nature if necessary upon request from the Administration manager.
C. Required qualifications, competencies
- Education: University degree in Business Administration or a relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant occupational experience. Work for an international company or development organization is an advantage.
- Responsibility: Independent execution of tasks according to existing planning and consultation with supervisor and colleagues.
- Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
- Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Office Software literacy
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-ECON21-124) Junior admin specialist
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered