PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
The role is to diagnose, repair, maintain hardware and software components. IT Technician installs and configures computer hardware and provides IT support for the organization. The role requires interaction with various departments and listen to their technical needs and implement IT solutions accordingly.
- We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. The role also involves training users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
- A successful IT Technician must have knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
- The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to
- optimize the role of technology on business sustainability.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.).
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 1-year experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Very good communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field