ABOUT FIELD READY
Field Ready is a non-governmental organisation that is dedicated to empowering people living in complex environments to make the things they need, where they need them, when they need them. Our vision is to meet development goals through technology, innovative design and engaging people in new ways. We make useful items to solve problems locally using the latest technology, as well as traditional local manufacturing. We build capacity to continue this through building makerspaces and communities of makers. Our approach is truly effective and groundbreaking.
Field Ready is leading development of the makerspace eco-system of Iraq, as part of the GIZ ICT for Youth program. Providing youth with the opportunity to gain practical digital fabrication skills, which will in turn boost their future employability, opportunities to engage in entrepreneurship and prospects for peace.
The makerspaces also provide both the humanitarian and business sector with the ability to develop new products and produce items locally.
The Operations Lead will pay a pivotal role in the management and growth of Field Ready in Iraq. In particular they will work closely with the Iraq Programs Lead, to provide leadership to the whole Iraq team, with responsibility for overseeing all operational aspects of the organization.
A dedicated team player, with a keen eye for detail and excellent organisational skill are key for an effective Operations Lead.
A strong candidate would be expected to identify operational needs within the organization and act accordingly. The below outlines suggested initial responsibilities:
Logistics & Procurement:
• Support all teams’ procurement process, directly managing large purchases.
• Strengthen and oversee compliance, with timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurement.
• Develop and oversee a system for maintaining audit ready procurement records
• Oversee staff travel procedures, including developing security protocol where needed.
• Ensure assets tracking system is implemented with accurate record keeping of Field Ready and donor assets, including exceptional items that require registration and movement tracking.
• Develop a policy for and support the implementation of customs clearing, equipment registration, licensing, and insurance
• Manage safe and well-maintained office and guesthouse premises.
• Review contracts for office and house, leasehold improvements.
• Support the recruiting process and orientation and onboarding
• Assess needs and recommend IT solutions and oversee the resolution of IT issues that arise.
• Manage and maintain the Operations SharePoint so that documentation and SOPs are easily accessible and readily available.
• Ensure proper use of procurement thresholds and approval procedures.
• Interact with contractors and vendors, in coordination with the Program & finance team to insure timely delivery of goods and services.
• Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on-time and without any unnecessary strain on the financial systems of Field Ready.
• Maintain file on market prices for commonly bought items.
Team Training & Development
• Identify training needs for the team and support team to enroll and participate in the training.
• Develop and conduct training for new staff outside the department on working practices and compliance with SOPs and ensure regular refresher training.
• Proactively continue own professional development to maintain knowledge of logistical/ operational development
• Supports HR for performing probation and annual evaluations for all staff in Iraq
• Making sure that the evaluations are performed on timely manner and submit to relevant Department for further processing. Making sure that both self-evaluations and supervisor review are done in line with the Field Ready principles requirements.
• When requested participate in interviews for positions This may include shortlisting candidates for opening positions, being part of the selection committee, maintaining proper notes and recommending any potential candidates to hiring manager for further processing.
• Make sure that the position descriptions for all staff are updated regularly and reflect the actual responsibilities of the staff.
• Prepare required document for annual registration renewal of Field ready both in KRI and Federal Iraq.
• Operation Lead is a Focal Point to liaise with the government agencies on administrative matters as directed by the program and Country lead.
• Liaise with International and local NGOs and government officials.
• Advise the country lead/support offer, as required, on the government policies, procedures and on interaction with the government in all areas of responsibility.
• Liaise with directorate of NGO in Erbil and Baghdad.
• Conduct regular visits to Field ready offices within the region and provide support and guidance to staff in these offices.
• Attend the BVA meetings and actively participate when it comes to operations expenses inclusive of other operations costs, office running costs, equipment and supplies, travel of operation teams;
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum BA/BS degree in a relevant field and professional experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of field experience, setting up and managing administration, procurement, logistics, having understanding in human resource systems. Understanding in programs and in implementation.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, following procedures, meeting deadlines and working and problem-solving independently and cooperatively.
• Knowledge of donor regulations including GIZ regulations.
• Excellent negotiation and representation skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent oral and written English skills required.
• Excellent oral and written Kurdish skills is required; proficiency in Arabic is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies, related security concerns, and appropriate responses to such emergencies.
Submit a cover letter which briefly outlines the experience and skills you have which you think are relevant to this role, and why you are interested. Please submit this cover letter along with your CV by the 17th of October 2021 through https://airtable.com/shrSjUBBDNhUYeei1