The GIZ project “Employment Promotion for IDPs, refugees, returnees and socially deprived households in host communities” (P4E – Prospects for Employment) in Iraq is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The project’s objective is to improve the access to employment opportunities, particularly in the private sector, for internally displaced persons, refugees, returnees, and socially deprived households in host communities within Iraq and KRI.To achieve this goal, the project is working in three fields of action: (1) increasing job seeker’s employability for the job market and employers in the private sector; (2) creating new employment opportunities by supporting the growth of existing entrepreneurs and new start-ups in the region; (3) enhancing the job-matching system through close cooperation between labour market stakeholders.
1. Project implementation
- Support the monitoring of programme activities including regular field visits;
- Support in enhancing the programme’s visibility by taking on tasks in the field of PR;
- Support programme staff in organizational tasks and the adherence to GIZ processes and regulations;
- Support programme staff in the technical implementation of activities;
- Support the preparation and documentation of reports and various forms of internal and communication;
- Support the preparation and organization of meetings, events, etc.;
- Support in the preparation of presentations and inputs/ reports
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the line manager and/or other programme staff.
2. Coordination and Liaison
Support the coordination and liaison with implementing partners, other GIZ programmes as well as relevant stakeholders in the intervention area;
- Support programme staff in day-to-day tasks.
3. Other duties/additional tasks
The Programme Intern
- Attends regular team meetings,
- Takes on administrative and organizational tasks,
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
The brief profile is not intended to provide a full and complete description.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Qualification 1: University degree in social sciences, political science, project management, economics or similar field of relevance.
Qualification 2: Professional experience:
Initial experience in the field of project work, international development cooperation, humanitarian aid and/or employment promotion
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, internet) and computer applications (MS Office)
- very good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written), knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish, and/ or German language is an asset;
- strong interpersonal, intercultural, and communication skills;
- structured and independent way of working, initiative, and flexibility;
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management;
- experience with GIZ and/or with an international company/ organization is an asset.
Remarks for application:
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
- This is a paid Internship position.