Human Appeal is a British INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflicts in Iraq. Human Appeal Iraq is one of the leading INGOs responding to the Mosul crisis. HA works in a variety of sectors which include; food security and livelihoods, WASH, protection, shelter, Education and others. In a short space of time Human Appeal has expanded its operations significantly with programmes worth $25+ million and 200+ staff. Human Appeal is working in partnerships with UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP etc.
The Information Management Officer is responsible for designing and implementing a country-specific Information Management strategy to analyse and disseminate information on the population of concern to the Country Office including, but not limited to, Protection, WASH, Education and other Programme information. Where information gaps exist, the Information Management Officer may help setting up primary data collection systems and organise needs assessments, which may also involve other stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft and manage the information management strategy - including the internal
- management of information within HA, document management, flows of
- information and discovery of data/information - and define operational and funding
- Requirements for the implementation of the strategy.
- Analyze regional data, identify and address information management gaps, and facilitate information sharing between other partners.
- Support the promotion of data and information sharing within the humanitarian community as well as the adoption of global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards.
- Provide quality assurance to ensure that data is reliable and complete by working closely with M&E officer and the programme coordinator.
- Lead the Activity Info reporting on behalf of HA.
- Provide timely reporting and feedback by analysis of collected information.
- Ensure the respect of HA Code of Conduct, the confidentiality and humanitarian principles and international codes of practice.
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports for line manager, Programmes Manager, as needed.
- Development and update humanitarian fact sheet and statistics.
- Any other duties assigned by the Programmes Manager.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- University degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Social Sciences or a related field with similar experience in humanitarian field.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written in English, Arabic
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
The position will be based in Erbil, 50% in the Field and 50% in the Office.
Our Main office is located in Erbil and we have field offices in Mosul,Tikrit and Baghdad.