The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Erbil
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Import Export Officer
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal)
Location: Iraq – Erbil
Date of Issue: 10 January 2021
Deadline for applications: 23 January 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for 40 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Import-Export Officer is responsible for ensuring that all imported, exported and in-transit goods are moved according to sound practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Logistician in Erbil:
- Obtains exemptions from national or regional authorities for goods that the ICRC imports.
- Receives and expedites freight out of the country or region of assignment in collaboration with external commercial partners.
- Is responsible for following up on, filing and archiving import-export documents.
- Ensures that records on bond data are available and up-to-date.
- Verifies invoices (from customs, freight-forwarders, etc.) and submits them to supervisors and/or department staff.
- Takes part in selecting external logistics providers (freight forwarders and carriers).
- Ensures that the latest customs regulations are communicated and applied.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree
- Three years' experience working in a clearing and forwarding role
- Proven knowledge of customs and import-export procedures
- Experience from working with a humanitarian organization is a plus
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of the languages English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Computer skills ( especially in logistics software)
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Data analysis skills.
- Beneficiary and client focused.
- Team work & Collaboration
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage and training opportunities )
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment.
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates with above required profile should forward the following to (ERB_HR_Services@icrc.org)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted, and engagement is needed immediately.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recruits on the basis of professional attributes only. Candidates new to the ICRC, and Women are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org