As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für International Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA), and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq.
GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalize the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis.
These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in the future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralization of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organizational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
About the Position:
The GIZ Country Office Iraq is responsible for the management of all administrative human resources processes, the development and implementation of the human resources strategy, and the design of human resources instruments. Currently, more than 340 national staff members are working in Iraq. The staff members work at locations in the Kurdish Region of Iraq as well as at several locations in central Iraq. The administrative section of the country office, including the Human Resources Department is in Erbil and Baghdad.
As Human Resources Specialist you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the correct implementation of the human resources guidelines, processes, and instruments of GIZ in Iraq
• personnel management and personnel policy issues, tasks, and planning in relation to individual national employees
• Advising and supporting managers in all matters relating to labor law, personnel management, and personnel policy
• Supervision of a defined group of national employees together with your administrative
colleague, especially with regard to special cases
• Involvement of the co-determination bodies in accordance with the rules
• Collaboration on overarching topics to optimize the instruments of human resources management.
• Shaping cooperation with the other departments in the GIZ office
• Assuming other tasks outside the scope of the job description as assigned by the Head of HR
• Completed university degree in business administration, law, or comparable studies with
a focus on human resources or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in operational human resources work,
preferably in human resources management.
• A structured, independent, and proactive way of working as well as organizational and coordination skills.
• Creativity in developing new approaches, concepts, and solutions.
• Friendly and open manner in dealing with internal clients, a strong service and client orientation, diplomatic skills as well as absolute trustworthiness and integrity.
• High social competence, ability to work in a team, and reliability.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Good PC user skills (MS Office, SAP-HR) Qualification 1.
• Proficient in English and Kurdish and ideally fluent in German and Arabic.
Important notes for your application:
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: [(EBL-CO023-052) Human Resources Specialist] Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.