Job Title: HSSE Advisor
Reports to: HSSE Manager
Assist HSSE Manager in Developing and implementing HSSE Plan including awareness campaigns, training, audits, communication, KPI reporting etc, develop and promote a pro-active Health and Safety culture, encouraging staff involvement and individual ownership and ensuring compliance with H&S legislation and defined operating standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in Developing and implement a site-based H&S plan including awareness campaigns, training, audits, communication, KPI reporting etc.
- Develop and promote a pro-active Health and Safety culture, encouraging staff involvement and individual ownership.
- Ensuring compliance with H&S legislation and defined operating standards.
- Undertake extensive risk assessments and make clear recommendations for how work should be completed in the safest way possible.
- Ensure appropriate procedures and audits are in place to maintain Safety standards.
- Maintain accurate and auditable records related to accidents, incidents, risk assessments, fire safety and all other relevant legislative requirements.
- Develop and deliver Health & Safety / compliance training to all new starters/managers and ensure regular refresh training programs are delivered in-line with defined requirements.
- Preparation and support for internal and external audits.
- Monitor and track safety/operational performance against key KPI’s and present action plans.
- Ensure budgets are carefully monitored and appropriate rationale provided for spend requests.
- Any other duties related to the job.
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor's preferably in Health and Safety
- At least 5 years of work experience in HSE and 3 years of work experience in Supervisory Role.
- Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
- Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
- Must have excellent computer skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers, and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must have good language skills in English
- IOSH, NEBOSH or CSP certification