Business Unit: DP World Duhok
Working Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM
Job Purpose: The professional assigned to this position will be responsible for the HSE Management of the Duhok Dry Port including all related facilities and activities. The role also requires for the development, implementation, and monitoring of all HSE systems to ensure safe and efficient operations while reducing the impact on the environment as much as possible.
The individual selected will be required to have a more “on the ground” presence to control, train and embed HSE requirements to enhance a positive work culture. The role will report directly to the CEO of Dry Port of Duhok for day to day activities and the Regional HSE team for technical assistance and direction.
The professional assigned to this position will be responsible to promote and develop a positive HSE work culture and environment that embraces DP World zero harm philosophy.
Health, Safety and Environment Operations:
- Develop, implement and maintain a local HSE strategy and improvement plan in line with regional/global HSE strategies to objectives and KPI’s.
- Develop, implement and maintain an HSE management system
- Conduct monthly HSE committee meetings to measure the HSE performance, highlight risk to the business and promote positive HSE practices and developments
- Develop, manage and monitor all risk assessments, risk registers and risk profiles for the Dry Port of Duhok consultation and collaboration with all departments
- Conduct incident investigations and implement effective corrective and preventative controls to prevent reoccurrence
- Liaison as necessary with government authorities, industry bodies or other organizations relevant
- Management and development of HSE staff reporting to HSE Manager position
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of Contractors HSE Management
- Ensures operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance to DP World standards and local legislation.
- Management of all applicable legislation including changes and updates; locally and internationally which impact the HSE management and activities of the Dry Port of Duhok.
- Develop, implement and manage a Hazardous Waste Storage and Operation control system in line with IMDG code, DP World standards, and local/international standards
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customer
- The above-outlined responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out other tasks that are appropriate to your role in addition to these.
- As a recently established division, the post would require entrepreneurial spirit for DP World Group’s profitable business growth
- High focus on operational delivery to ensure that the regions and local business units are optimally operating and in synergy with the group goals
- Assists in attaining established DPW operational and financial goals
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Minimum 10 years’ practical experience as a Safety & Environment Manager
- Minimum 5 years in a Management role
- Experience in leading critical incident investigations;
- Experience in the development and implementation of HSE management systems;
- Experience in liaising with government, regulatory, industry and labor organizations;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels within the organization and lead/mentor workgroups and individuals;
- Excellent influencing skills demonstrated through verbal and written communication;
- Ability to work “on the ground” to control, interact and drive HSE improvements;
- Experience in ISO Management Systems will be an added advantage;
- Formal HSE qualification to Diploma / Degree level;
- Formal qualification in Security will be added advantage.
- Fluent in Kurdish & English languages is a must. Arabic Language will be a plus point.