The GIZ Country Office Iraq is responsible for the management of all administrative human resources processes, the development and implementation of the human resources strategy and the design of human resources instruments. Currently, more than 340 national staff members are working in Iraq. The staff members work at locations in the Kurdish Region of Iraq as well as at several locations in central Iraq. The administrative section of the country office, including the Human Resources (HR) department, is mainly located in Erbil. The HR department is to be expanded to Baghdad in order to ensure that the growing proportion of national staff in central Iraq is taken into consideration, to advance HR processes and to implement strategies for medium-term HR development throughout the country.
- Ensuring the correct implementation of the human resources guidelines, processes and instruments of GIZ in Iraq
- Personnel management and personnel policy issues, tasks and planning in relation to individual national employees
- Advising and supporting managers in all matters relating to labour law, personnel management and personnel policy
- Supervision of a defined group of national employees together with your administrative colleague, especially with regard to special cases
- Involvement of the co-determination bodies in accordance with the rules
- Collaboration on overarching topics to optimise the instruments of human resources management
- Shaping cooperation with the other departments in the GIZ office
- Assuming other tasks outside the scope of the job description as assigned by the Head of HR
- Completed university degree in business administration, law or comparable studies with a focus on human resources or equivalent knowledge and experience
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in operational human resources work, preferably in human resources management
- A structured, independent and proactive way of working as well as organisational and coordination skills
- Creativity in developing new approaches, concepts and solutions
- Friendly and open manner in dealing with internal clients, a strong service and client orientation, diplomatic skills as well as absolute trustworthiness and integrity
- High social competence, ability to work in a team and reliability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good PC user skills (MS-Office, SAP-HR) Qualification 1
- Proficient in English and Arabic and ideally fluent in German and Kurdish
Important notes for your application:
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-CO22-074) HR Specialist Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.