About Human Appeal
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991.
Since 2016 HA has set up an office in Iraq. HA is an INGO that provides emergency aid and services to people affected by the conflict in Iraq. HA works in a variety of sectors which include; food and livelihood, WASH, protection, shelter and others. In a short space of time Human Appeal has expanded its operations significantly with programmes worth $30 million and 150+ staff. Human Appeal is working in partnerships with UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP etc
The HR &Admin Manager mainly responsible for the supervision and management of all HR and administrative functions for Human Appeal in Iraq. Organised and effective direct management of HR and Admin staff is a key. Development of and compliance with Human Appeal’s HR and Admin policies and procedures. Ensures Human Appeal Iraq attracts, retains and develops the most talented staff in the humanitarian sector.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and management of HR and administrative policies and procedures.
- Management of HR and administrative compliance.
- Supervise the Overall recruitment process (post vacancies, Interviews, Job offers, etc…)
- Develops and maintains an HR and administrative system that meets Human Appeal needs.
- Make sure that employees files are auditable at all times as per HA standards and any relevant donors’ requirements.
- Review all the Monthly HR/Admin Reports.
- Manage the performance appraisal for all employees with coordination with HR Coordinator.
- Assist in the periodic salary review and analysis, and review and revision of new salary structure, as appropriate – in consultation with the Country Director.
- Provides guidance and direction to the staff on HA policies and procedures, compensation and benefits.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation and termination.
- Develops and implement training plans for HA staff, and prepare the budget of Training.
- Attend the SMT Meeting and contribute on matters related to HR and administration.
- Prepare the narrative reports which related to HR and administrative.
- Any other duties assigned by the Country Director.
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Education, Experience, Skills. Abilities)
Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related subject. Master degree is a bonus.
- Minimum of 5 years successful HR and Administrative experience (3 years in an INGO).
- Well knowledge of the Iraq Labour Law and policies and other related government laws.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analysing and problem solving.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities, work plans and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written in English.
- Excellent verbal and written in Arabic and/or Kurdish important.
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.