▪ is the central contact for operative HR questions, specifically recruitment and selection, contract issues and professional development measures
▪ is responsible for implementing HR procedures as required, specifically operational and administrative tasks
▪ implements national personnel policies in line with local conditions and in collaboration with the Head of HR.
▪ Acts independently and integrates others who have been assigned HR tasks
▪ advises employees from all projects on basic HR policy issues
▪ assumes conceptual and coordination tasks in HR management on behalf of the country director
Personnel recruitment The HR (Junior) Advisor/Recruiter organises and directs the recruitment and hiring process in accordance with GIZ standards.
▪ The person will be the central contact for recruitment of NP in Iraq as well as Regional Experts for GIZ Iraq. This includes the locations Baghdad, Erbil, Sulimaniyya, Dohuk and Mosul.
▪ advises managers on drawing up requirement profiles and formulates appropriate job descriptions in consultation with them
▪ grades positions together with the manager based on the profiles developed and sets benchmark values for appropriate remuneration levels in individual cases
▪ searches for suitable staff in accordance with the requirements for the positions (identifies existing GIZ HR resources in the country and/or region, writes job advertisements and ensures publication in appropriate print and/or online media)
▪ evaluates applications received and shortlists candidates on the basis of the requirements or hiring criteria, obtains references, and conducts preliminary discussions
▪ organises personnel selection (e.g. applicant interviews) and advises if necessary on selection
▪ notifies unsuccessful applicants, documents the selection process, archives the documentation and enters the data in existing HRM systems.
▪ Assigned by the Search Committee with the status and authority to ensure all aspects of the recruitment process are fair and unbiased and in compliance with Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity laws
▪ Preparing Offer Letters
Conditions of employment and HR support
The HR (Junior) Advisor/Recruiter ensures contract processing and assists staff on all HR matters. He/she
▪ determines the appropriate contract based on national labour law and the material and formal conditions (limited/unlimited employment contract, distinction from appraiser contract, internship etc.)
▪ deals with all other organisational and administrative stages in processing, e.g. monthly update of entries in SAP-HR for national personnel
▪ maintains information on hiring conditions for national personnel (remuneration system, salary groups, model job descriptions, labour law etc.), updates this and informs managers
▪ Monthly Update on National Personal Files in DMS
▪ Maintenance of Archiving for national personals personal files and personal documents in Erbil.
The HR (Junior) Advisor/Recruiter
Concerning Nationally Employed Personnel
▪ Ensures that agreements the remuneration system are followed.
▪ Prepares standard employment contracts according to specifications in the service request.
▪ Ensures that the program and the employee each have a copy of the contract and that one file copy is kept in the employee’s personnel file
▪ Manages personnel files
▪ Updates and gives information to the Management regarding all issues concerning national personnel (Remuneration system, wage groups, model job descriptions etc.)
▪ takes over of the yearly staff assessment talks for national employees as well as for regional experts, ensure the process in accordance to O&R and reports directly to the Head of HR
▪ ensure a proper maintenance and calculation of monthly submitted overtime forms in accordance to the valid labour law in central Iraq as well as in the Kurdistan Region
SAP/HR Application for national personal The HR (Junior) Advisor/Recruiter
• provide reliable information on all personal and contract data
• carry out detailed analyses of salary structures;
• monitor contract terms.
• insurance cover provided under GIZ’s group accident policy
• provide access to GIZ mailbox, intranet and DMS (expires at contract end)
• participation in the staff survey (MAB)
• use of SAP (expires at contract end)
Other duties/additional tasks The HR (Junior) Advisor/Recruiter
▪ Coordinating with RMO for registering the national personal in GIZ with Local authorities.
▪ Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
▪ Checks the names of national personnel against the sanction list (Black List)
▪ Fully maintenance of overtime claims, overtime request and final overtime calculation for final payment
▪ performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
▪ is the focal point for all HR-matters during the absence of the Head of HR
Required qualifications, competences and experience
▪ BA/MSc in business administration, university degree in law/ politics, economics or sociology (if possible with a focus on HR management) or similar area
▪ At least 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources or related field.
Other knowledge, additional competences
▪ good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
▪ familiar with HR procedures
▪ good knowledge of national labour and social law
▪ experience in advising on HR issues
▪ impressive track record in a service provider and governance role
▪ very good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
▪ awareness of how to handle HR issues appropriately (confidentiality, data protection)
▪ willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.