JOB TITLE: Human Resource officer.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Provide overall guidance and leadership to the EIH on issues of Human Resource including Personnel recruitment & orientation; Maintenance and updating of personnel files, timesheets, personnel data; annual & other leaves in accordance with EIH guidelines.
- Ensure the internal communication & understanding of employment policies, benefits, institutional values & rules; use staff meetings as forums for internal dialogue on HR issues. Provide guidance on grievance management & personnel disciplinary procedures per EIH Policy Manual.
- Use coaching & mentoring to strengthen human resource functions such as line management roles, accountability, performance management system and its use; staff training & development needs.
- Support and work with the EIH finance & management team on staff salaries & benefits, staff welfare including annual salary surveys, & other personnel statutory issues.
- Drawing up employment contracts and ensuring that they are adhered to.
- Setting up fair and standard recruitment methodology for the organization.
- Ensuring that background checks are fully conducted before, during and in rare cases; after the recruitment/ placement of staff.
- Communicating/ educating human resources on their terms of the contract.
- Managing the appraisal process through line managers.
- Supporting line management in HR-related issues, like discipline.
- Developing a sufficient leave management system/ procedure.
- Resolving disciplinary issues that escalate from line management.
- Ensuring the safe custody and update of the employee files.
- Work with the Director to set and ensure payment of competent salary range and benefits and compensation to employees.
- Ensuring that payments and benefits are duly made in a reasonable time in conjunction with the accounts department.
- Monitoring and directing support staff to ensure that the organization's operations.
- Reporting periodically as may be required.
- Reporting on areas of improvement and participating in setting the general direction and or management of the organization.
- Oversee legal requirements of EIH linked to contracts, insurance & other administrative systems.
- Contribute to EIH strategic planning & other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience: At least 3 - 4 years’ experience in human resources and administration.
- Proven experience of HR & or systems management within the health sector or commercial business sector or the private sector.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Experience in designing, implementing & evaluating performance management systems.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of human resource functions an advantage.
- Applicants must have good communication, written & spoken Kurdish, English, Arabic.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in the Internet, web-based operations, current software applications. and experience in the use of HR database tools (an advantage).
- Understanding of Iraq Public & private Sector workplace statutes is a requirement.
SKILLS AND ATTITUDES:
- Good knowledge of the Employment Laws of Iraq.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Teamwork and people management skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Financial management.
- Ethics and integrity.