The GIZ Country Office Iraq is responsible for the management of all administrative human resources processes, the development and implementation of the human resources strategy and the design of human resources instruments. Currently, more than 340 national staff members are working in Iraq. The staff members work at locations in the Kurdish Region of Iraq as well as at several locations in central Iraq. The administrative section of the country office, including the Human Resources (HR) department, is mainly located in Erbil. The HR department is to be expanded to Baghdad in order to ensure that the growing proportion of national staff in central Iraq is taken into consideration, to advance HR processes and to implement strategies for medium-term HR development throughout the country.
- Management of the HR department's incoming requests and supporting the coordination of both HR teams in Erbil and Baghdad
- Conceptual development and updating of the personnel policy, in particular personnel development including onboarding of new employees, staff performance talks, feedback to managers, leadership assessments, communication about HR topics and personnel resource management
- Conceptualising HR communication and knowledge management within the HR team
- Clarifying basic labour law issues and individual cases in cooperation with the national legal advice for KRI and FI
- Supporting the Head of HR in collaboration with the National Personnel Representative
- Deputising the Head of HR in her absence
- Assuming other tasks outside the scope of the job description as assigned by the Head of HR
- Completed university degree in business administration, law or comparable studies with a focus on human resources or equivalent knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in HR management
- Good knowledge of relevant IT-supported HR systems and processes
- Ability to analytically evaluate HR key figures and to create strategic conclusions
- Strong customer and service orientation as well as high advisory skills
- Solution-orientation as well as very good cooperation and communication skills
- Ideally knowledge of Iraqi labour law (both in KRI and FI)
- Proficient in English and Arabic and ideally fluent in German and Kurdish
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-CO22-075) HR Manager Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered
GIZ templates for applications