- CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
- In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position:
- CTG is looking for a HR Lead & Recruitment Officer, overseeing many consultants, to lead all aspects of HR practices & processes within Talent Acquisition & Employee Relations.
- Enhances the organisation’s HR by planning, implementing & evaluating employee relations & HR policies, programs & practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements & job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organisation staff by establishing a recruiting, testing & interviewing program, counselling Managers on candidate selection, conducting, analysing exit interviews & recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing, conducting orientation & training programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring & implementing applicable HR federal & state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records & representing the organisation at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating & recommending HR policies & procedures.
- Retains historical HR records by designing a filing & retrieval system, keeping past & current records.
- Manages HR staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting & training employees.
- Advances HR staff job results by counselling & disciplining employees & planning, monitoring & appraising job results.
- This role reports to the HR lead in Baghdad.
- S / He will be a great HR professional who can grow & develop the team & individuals within it.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to integrate into a vibrant & sociable working environment.
- Flexible & open to adapting to the changing demands of the business.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results based management & reporting.
- Ability to lead recruitment, performance appraisal, career development management, build teams, maintain high personnel morale.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side) & affect personnel behavioural / attitudinal change.
- Good team player attitude.
- Remains calm, in control even under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organise workloads & meet deadlines.
- This role does require any team management of small admin team.
- Experience in handling a large number of consultants.
- Good knowledge of employee relations & recruitment.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills in English & Arabic (other language skills a benefit).
- Comprehensive capabilities in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to work on own initiative & with tight deadlines.
- Flexibility & adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks & to work extra hours to meet deadlines.