Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit French organization with no religious or political affiliation.
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991.
The program currently implemented in Iraq includes three main components:
- Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, awareness campaigns, community-based rehabilitation;
- Emergency response for Internally Displaced Persons and vulnerable host communities (rapid protection assessments, provision of physical rehabilitation and psychosocial support services);
- Mine Action component: risk education, victim assistance, non-technical survey and clearance operations.
The current operations are implemented in direct intervention and through local partners in the Kurdistan region and in the disputed territories of Iraq. The operations are implemented through local partners in Central and South Iraq. HI has currently a country coordination office in Erbil, field offices in Mosul, Kirkuk, Kalar and Baghdad as well as a support office in Suleymaniyeh.
Directly linked to the Emergency Response Department of Handicap International France, the employee will be mandated for the following mission:
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The Human Resources Assistant is contributing to the respect of the Human Resources processes, rules and deadlines accordingly to Handicap international standards.
Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator, he/she is in charge of implementing HR procedures at coordination level.
Base: Erbil, with movement on the field (Kirkuk, Suleymania, Kalar, Mosul, Baghdad or others)
Technical supervisor: HR Coordinator
Head of Department: HR Coordinator
Operational link: National and International employees
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Regular update of the expat personal files.
- Process and follow up visas and residencies for expats in collaboration with HI legal service provider.
- Send welcome kit and prepare and send briefing schedule to new expats arriving in Iraq.
- Applying for Iraqi visas for expats in collaboration with Baghdad liaison officer.
- Regularly update Iraq expat HR database
- Check leave balance of the Iraq expat when requesting leave and update their taken leaves and leave balance.
- Scan and share Iraq expat leave requests with HR coordinator.
- Booking hotel and flight ticket.
- Preparing and sending Iraq expat Attendance plan on a monthly basis.
- Update and review Iraq expat per diem sheet on a monthly basis.
- Distribute documents and Iraq expat envelopes when received from HQ.
- Printing HI IDs
- Briefing newly arrived Iraq expats and taking them on a tour in the building.
- Preparing residency clearance letter for previous HI expats who will work in other NGOs.
- Participate in written tests and interviews.
- Updating and sending mission contact list on a weekly basis.
- National staff induction
- Preparing any documents or official letters when needed.
- Assist in collecting documents for HI registration in KRG and Iraq.
- Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator, check and maintain personnel files for all staff in the HI team, ensuring all documentation is in order and relevant documents are kept in their respective files (hard copy & soft copy).
- Under the supervision of HR Coordinator, make regular audit in the HR files (contains all required documents according to checklist)
- Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator insure classifications of whole official correspondence for the mission (IN/OUT record)
- Updates the HR Boards in Erbil offices (internal notes, vacancy announcement, framework documents etc.)
- Act as a link between management and employees by handling questions, clarification of policies, interpreting and administering contracts and helping solve work-related problems
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Education: University level
Languages: Arabic, Kurdish and English are compulsory
Experience: 2 years in related fields
Other/General: experience with International NGOs.
How to APPLY:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
30th Mar 2019
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Minimum Two References to be provided with CVs, CVs without references will not