The GIZ Country Office Iraq is responsible for the management of all administrative human resources processes, the development and implementation of the human resources strategy and the design of human resources instruments. Currently, more than 340 national staff members are working in Iraq. The staff members work at locations in the Kurdish Region of Iraq as well as at several locations in central Iraq. The administrative section of the country office, including the Human Resources (HR) department, is mainly located in Erbil. The HR department is to be expanded to Baghdad in order to ensure that the growing proportion of national staff in central Iraq is taken into consideration, to advance HR processes and to implement strategies for medium-term HR development throughout the country.
- As an HR Assistant you will be responsible for handling all the necessary administrative tasks related to recruitment and management in an appropriate manner. Your main activities consist of:
- Applicant management and correspondence as well as answering general enquiries
- Active work with and data maintenance in the recruitment system as well as in other internal GIZ systems and SAP
- Compiling and updating country-specific personnel data
- Organising interviews and contract recruiting meetings
- ducting contract information meetings together with your HR specialist and providing information on contract-relevant contents
- Preparation of employment contracts and contract-relevant documents and data maintenance Completed commercial, administrative bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience (e.g. additional qualification as a human resources manager)
- Assuming other tasks outside the scope of the job description as assigned by the Head of HR
- Completed commercial, administrative bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge and experience (e.g. additional qualification as a human resources manager).
- At least 2 years of relevant professional or work experience in personnel work
- Very good PC user skills (MS-Office, SAP, IT-supported personnel recruitment software, Internet)
- High level of organisational skills and an independent, precise, and reliable way of working even with a high workload
- Knowledge of the legal conditions for the employment of temporary staff is desirable
- Proficient in English and Arabic and ideally in fluent Kurdish
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-CO22-073) HR Assistant Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.