Title HR Assistant
Reports to: Head of HR
Deputy: HR Specialist
“The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise that supports the German Government and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions”
The HR assistant provides support in
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Preparing new employee files in line with GIZ guidelines and instructions by manger.
- Conducting initial orientation to newly hired employees along with the main rules and regulations based on the internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees on GIZ database.
- Assist with performance management procedures.
- Input, update and maintain HR database, ensuring accuracy of information
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Update all the relevant data on DMS system
- Prepare support letter to the employees and other required administration paperwork.
- Prepare support letters up on request
The HR assistant performs the following tasks:
Generals tasks and services
The HR assistant
- assists in drawing up job descriptions and requirement profiles
- assists with recruiting (identifies existing GIZ HR resources in the country and/or region, writes job advertisements and ensures publication in appropriate print and/or online media)
- assists in organising the selection process (e.g. interviews)
- assists with notification of unsuccessful applicants, documents the selection process, archives the documentation and enters the data in existing HRM systems
- helps prepare documents service requests and enquiries
- assists with developing HR procedures and instruments
- maintain a record of the documents send out and received by and from the HR unit.
- collect signatures for all HR documents (digital and original)
The HR assistant.
- photocopies and scans documents as needed.
- maintains an accurate archive of personnel files for national employee personal information in both physical and soft copy.
- labels the files in accordance with GIZ filing guidelines
- ensure the observer assessment sheer together with recruitment documents are archived in recruitment file. completes forms and tables in accordance with specific instructions from the administrative manager
- assists in Audit/revision process (scanning the requested documents)
- assists in organising the evaluation process (information on schedule for the staff assessment and development talks, filing forms, monitoring documentation on qualification requirements and professional development etc.)
- assists with training materials (including producing materials or planning rooms for induction events for new staff)
- filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ’s filing guidelines
- maintains the archiving of Contracts, leaves and overtime of employees and reports errors
- tracks the expiry dates of passports, driving license and other necessary IDs and ensures the latest update is filed into personnel file. Follows up with employee to obtain renewed documents.
- reviews existing files identifies missing documents and ensures the completeness of each file.
- Detects and eliminates errors and duplicates inside personnel files
Other duties/additional tasks
The HR assistant
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of head of HR and deputy Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA in business administration, university degree in law or sociology (if possible with a focus on HR management) or comparable degree
- initial experience (internship or similar) in this area
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- basic knowledge of national labour and social law
- basic knowledge of HR management, initial work experience desirable
- very good knowledge of the English language
- strictly confidential handling of all HR issues
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- very good organizing skills.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref:(EBL-CO-183) HR Assistant GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered