HR & Staff Care Associate Scope of Work
Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by supporting accelerated recovery in conflict-affected areas, improvement of the public’s perception of local leadership, and strengthened social fabric of Iraqi communities.
1. Reporting and location:
This position will report to HR & Staff Care Specialist, and the position is based in Erbil Iraq.
- Preparing monthly payroll for KRI and Iraq employees.
- Monitor the HR personal tracker, and constantly update it to assure accurate monthly payroll.
- Monitor staff performance including probation and annual reviews and provide guidance to the managers and employees of the best practice and of the Chemonics practice.
- Monitor expat KRI residency and KRI and Iraq visa and update the residency tracker on weekly basis. Highlight any urgent requests.
- Prepare drafts of Agreements and modifications and submit it to the HR & Staff Care Specialist for revision.
- Prepare monthly payments for vendors including health insurance and job portal vendors.
- Support in recruitment when needed or in the absence of the HR & Staff Care Specialist
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in operations, human resources management.
- Experience working with Iraqi labor law, a working experience on USAID projects and familiarity with USAID/Chemonics rules and regulations preferred.
- Experience in preparing KRI and Iraq payroll.
- Ability to work with and manage culturally and geographically diverse staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with colleagues, visitors, and the general public.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish, and other local languages is a plus, but not required
4. Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
5. Additional Information
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-06
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
7. Application Instructions
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due by 07 November 2021 and due to the urgency the screening will be on rolling basis.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only