EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full- time (Sunday to Thursday 8h00-16h00)
CONTRACT DURATION: 3 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 06 Oct 2018
QANDIL is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious humanitarian aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, QANDIL’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish, manage, and maintain personnel files in an accurate and consistent manner;
• Substantiates applicants' skills by administering and scoring tests where applicable;
• Schedules candidate interviews by coordinating appointments with the relevant panel members;
• Welcomes new employees to the organization and conducts orientation;
• Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records;
• Maintains and regularly updates attendance records and Time Sheet of staff;
• Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data and information;
• Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data;
• Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work;
• Maintains staff confidence and keeps human resource information highly confidential;
• Prepares Employment contracts;
• Enters all required data of all staff members into QANDIL’s HR system and policies;
• Reviews all applications to vacancies; prepares candidate shortlists; participates in recruitment;
• Keeps records and maintains all relevant correspondence, incoming and outgoing letters;
• Creates and maintains filing and reference system as per QANDIL’s guidelines;
• Drafts routine correspondence, letters, documents and forms related to QANDIL admin matters;
• The HR/Admin Assistant may also be assigned other relevant tasks by his/her line manager(s).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS:
• University degree, preferably in the area of human resources or administration;
• Two years of previous HR experience is highly desired;
• Fluency in Arabic & English Languages;
• Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
• Ability to handle confidential matters;
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Excellent level of computer literacy required
Swedish Humanitarian Aid Organization
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and drive for results.
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.