Experience: Minimum 2 years and above as a Hotel Receptionist.
- taking bookings and cancellations, usually by phone, email or face-to-face and recording the information on computer
- checking in guests, allocating rooms and handing over keys
- answering questions about hotel facilities and about local transport, places of interest and entertainment
- dealing with special requests, such as room service, taxi bookings or wake-up calls
- passing on messages to guests and taking mail for posting
- passing on any guests' problems to the appropriate member of staff
- answering the phone, operating the switchboard and dealing with the email and mail
- checking out guests, adding up their bills and taking their credit, debit card or cash payments.
ConditionsYou work shifts including early mornings, nights and weekends.
- Part time work is common.
- You stand or sit at the reception counter in the lobby.
- You wear a uniform provided by the hotel.