JOB TITLE: Hostess
The Hostess is responsible for welcoming customers to a food service environment and ensuring that they are seated and receive attentive service. Her duties include taking reservations, maintaining a waitlist of patrons during busy operations/service, passing out menus and accepting phone calls.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answering phone calls, taking reservations and answering questions.
• Greeting guests as they enter, and putting them on a waiting list as necessary.
• Seating guests at tables or in waiting areas.
• Assigning guests to tables they prefer, while keeping table rotation in mind so that servers receive the right number of customers.
• Providing guests with menus and answering any initial questions.
• Engaging with guests to ensure they're happy with food and service.
• Responding to complaints and helping to resolve them.
• Good knowledge of the menu.
• Helping out with other positions in the restaurant as needed.
• Providing great customer service.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by management.
• Reports directly to the Restaurant Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor degree in hospitality management or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in a similar role (trading & distribution).
• Ability to provide top-notch customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• A positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure with all restaurant staff.
• Does high-quality work while unsupervised.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary package will reflect experience levels and will depend on the candidate.