PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Coordinator’s main roles are to lead the project implementation and the project team and to coordinate and manage the implementation of WV Iraq projects/programs. This includes active participation in project/program design, coordination with stakeholders such as the government, planning, documentation, monitoring, evaluation, research, capacity building and representing WV Iraq in different forums/meetings.
- Build links between the WV programs, Government and other partners working within WV Iraq operation geographic area.
- Represent WV Iraq at appropriate cluster meetings, ensuring that WV interventions are not only in line with cluster planning but also showcased in the meetings.
- Perform monitoring for all project activities to ensure proper implementation and that all project activities are implemented according to the project quality benchmarks.
- Actively participate in project development, through providing contextual information and technical input.
- Provide support to line manager in all stages of the LEAP cycle.
- Participate in donor and cluster report writing ensuring that the reports are accurate.
- Establish and maintain World Vision and other best practice standards for development programing.
- Monitor and assist in evaluating WV Iraq projects, ensuring that the lessons learnt are incorporated into future projects.
Grants & budget Management
- Day to day grant management, and ensure that the persons under his supervision implement project activities as stated in the Grant agreement.
- Exercise Management of budget expenditures for project activities as per WV standards.
- Assist Line manager in budget management to ensure that expenditures are as per grant guidelines.
- Follow up with the finance and procurement for the approvals to ensure that the delivery of materials is inline with the implementation of the activities at site.
- Budget control of the project.
- Monitor the budget of the project by checking the expenditures and raising the PRFs, GRNs, etc.
- Follow the financial rules and regulations laid down by the finance team.
Staff Management (Learning and capacity building)
- Staff capacity building on local and international standards eg Sphere, Do no harm, IASC, Good enough guide etc
- Staff performance management for persons reporting directly to him.
- Provide regular support to staff and guide them on their difference role and responsibilities.
Performance quality and reports writing
- To ensure quality project implementation is in line with WV, local and international standards.
- Give weekly updates to Zonal Manager and Technical Adviser, prepare the required project reports to Zonal Manager and Health Technical Advisor.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Education/Credentials: MBCHB/Bsc/Masters in Medicine/Health (Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medical Health etc.), or any relevant field.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel to project areas for assessment, regular monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Strong knowledge of UN cluster system, JCCC/GEC and government structures.
- Understanding and experience WV’s LEAP cycle grant management, proposal development and report writing.
- Understanding of interagency standards such as Sphere Humanitarian Standards, IASC, Core humanitarian standards, Human rights principles, MISP, Mental Health Guidelines, Gender guidelines,
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Experience: at least 5 years working in medical field, relief/Aid or development work.
- Previous experience of INGO work.
- Experience working with conflict-affected populations, including IDPs and Refugees.
- Management experience and skills (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
- Native Kurdish/Arab, Iraq citizen, Excellent English, Kurdish and Arabic communication skills (oral and written).
- Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the
maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted