Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Reporting to: Director of Communications
IN2 is a specialist strategic communications company with a strong track record of supporting high profile clients ranging from governments and transnational institutions to private corporations. We use innovative and engaging two-way communications to connect our clients with their intended audiences in a language, manner, and medium that feels natural to them.
IN2 combines a global geopolitical outlook with a rich understanding of local grassroots sentiment to develop campaigns that deliver sustainable engagement towards positive change. Through communications, we support key issues across a range of areas including global security, development, business transformation, crisis, and media.
We help clients to develop, deliver and measure effective strategies and communications interventions, and aid with crafting compelling narratives and focused messaging. We know how to mitigate and manage complex crises and build communications platforms that improve engagement with hard-to-reach populations in challenging and high-risk environments around the world.
IN2 has become a trusted partner and advisor to our clients because our team provides a deep understanding of how to deliver intended objectives in a safe, sustainable and effective manner.
Purpose of Role
The Head of Production will lead the production and be responsible for the development and production of all our communication products and content. You will ensure that all our products deliver on project objectives and have the maximum strategic impact possible.
You will need to deliver high volume at pace across multiple platforms (including digital and TV), while ensuring that the team maintains the highest production and creative standards possible. You’ll be involved in projects from inception to completion, from the development of ideas through to their expert execution.
You’ll also be a source of creative inspiration and expertise and be expected to provide advice and share knowledge with colleagues. You will foster and develop talent within the production team, through coaching and supporting your team to always deliver their best and act quickly when performance isn’t up to standard.
As part of the Senior Management Team (SMT), you will also attend inter-departmental and client meetings; report and update peers and stakeholders on production activity; and attend meetings for development and briefings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring a thorough understanding of campaign goals and objectives, and that all communication products and content are aligned to these while also meeting the highest production standards.
- Leading the development of ideas for content, new formats and series in support of project requirements, encouraging innovative and creative thinking on how maximum impact can be achieved.
- Ensuring treatments and scripts are of the highest standard.
- Overseeing the production of variety of products and assets – including short films, mini-documentaries, promo videos, social cards, infographics - from inception to completion, ensuring approaches are tailored to suit multiple digital platforms.
- Review all films, helping to reshape and optimize content to deliver against objectives to maximum effect.
- Proactively engage with new technologies and methods of communication across multiple platforms, sharing new and innovative ways to improve internal processes and approaches.
- Providing leadership of the production and creative team, supporting and developing team members to ensure the highest standards are met.
- Line managing IN2 production staff assigned to the project including junior and senior PDs, Editors, Production Researcher, and Creative leads.
- Managing staff workload and allocation of resources.
- Attend internal and external meetings with clients, stakeholders, and partners.
- Constantly adapting production plans and managing workload and resources in a busy, fast-paced public/strategic communications environment.
- Support with project reporting.
- Respond to requests and briefings from project stakeholders.
- Budgeting for production trips and ensuring the necessary HSS plan is in place.
- Delivering Production Incident Reports (as required).
What we need from you:
- You’ll be passionate about social change and the power of great storytelling.
- Exceptional leadership, planning and management skills.
- Ability to foster co-operative, positive working relationships with all internal teams (film production, creative design, web, digital and campaigns).
- Ability to manage fast-paced production and creative operations across multiple projects.
- Great communicator with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic. A good level of English is desirable too.
- Inspire and lead a best-in-class production and creative team, united in its approach to delivering exceptional output in-line with our strategic approach, pushing the boundaries of storytelling across a broad range of digital platforms, channels, and technologies.
- Understand the strategy and theory of change for the campaigns, and ensure the production and creatives teams are clear on the strategy and the key engagements we most care about to deliver against this theory of change.
- Well established network of contacts in the creative / media industry.
- Writing and idea development skills and superb story-telling skills.
- Exceptional creativity, innovation, originality, and a strong visual sense.
- A demonstrable understanding of producing content for different digital platforms and experience of content creation and factual documentary film-making (short and long-form) for established national or international broadcasters, major NGOs, institutions or IGOs.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in filming sensitive stories, managing vulnerable people or groups and working to tight turnaround schedule.
- Interest/knowledge of Social Media film channels such as AJ+ & NowThis
- Have experience of or an interest in current affairs.
- Field Producer/ Director
- Post Production
- Basic editing on FCP and/or Adobe Premiere Pro would be an advantage
Lastly, we’re committed to hiring a diverse workforce from different professional and cultural backgrounds, and to that end, we encourage a variety of people to join our team and represent the diverse range of subjects associated with our projects.