The Head of office will supervise and support the day-to-day functioning of the Baghdad office, including operational and program implementation responsibilities. S/He will also work in coordination with the Salah Al Din, Anbar, Mosul, Duhok and Erbil based programs and finance teams to ensure smooth working environment in the office and effective operational support. S/He will coordinate and collaborate with the PM’s in all other field offices to ensure smooth inter-office communication and support, e.g. inter-office travel, unified HR, Security, Programs and Operations policies and procedures. The Programme Manager will help to ensure high quality program management and compliance with human appeal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. S/He will represent the office and programmes to local authorities, will work under supervision of Head of Programmes- Iraq and in collaboration with Head of Operations and Finances to ensure smooth programme implementation and productive relationships with the government and local authorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop needs assessment strategies, design interventions accordingly and contribute to building the capacity of Human Appeal staff, as well as project stakeholders.
- Contribute and promote the development of a holistic strategy through creating linkages with sectors’ strategies (WASH, Protection, Shelter, Education, Livelihoods, and Multipurpose Cash Assistance, Social Cohesion and NFIs.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of WASH, Livelihoods, Protection, Shelter, Education and NFI distribution activities, ensuring that all activities are compliant with the grants requirements.
- Communicate project work plans to Head of Programmes and technical support team as applicable.
- Provide technical oversight to the field teams and mentor senior staff in the design of all sectors project activities, including Food distribution, WASH, Livelihoods, protection, Shelter and education.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence. Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Outline indicators and outputs to be measured to determine success of intervention. Work with M&E team to translate assessment criteria to tools and methodology for monitoring and evaluation of interventions related to WASH Livelihoods, Protection, Shelter, Education and NFI’s.
- Oversee the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the Human Appeal office in Baghdad and program support operations.
- Conduct weekly office management meetings and receive routine reports from program, support functions of the Baghdad office, as per Human Appeal policies, including assets, procurement and warehousing
- The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- University degree in Management, Social Sciences or a related field with similar experience in humanitarian field.
- 5-7 years on a relief setting with WASH, Livelihoods, Protection, Shelter, Education and NFI distribution management or managerial experience; from starting up programs to working in emergency and transitional contexts.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills
- Good verbal and written in English, Arabic
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Thorough attention to detail. Having strong contextual understanding of Iraq
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills, Experience with the development, implementation & compliance of USAID (OFDA), UN and ECHO programs.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.