The Guard Force Commander (GFC) shall have completed a secondary education, high school, or National Diploma. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the military, police or guard force with proven experience in leadership roles is required. A minimum of five years’ work experience in the host country. GFC shall be computer literate to a basic level, that is, able to write basic reports, produce Standard Operational Procedures, and email. Advanced security training and experience with risk management including problem identification and problem solving required.
The Guard Force Commander’s work hours are 0800 to 1600 five days per week. The Regional Management Team may adjust the Guard Force Commander’s daily work schedule to include assignment to evening, weekend and holiday periods but cumulative adjustments to the daily work schedule shall not exceed the total weekly hours of 48. The GFC shall have the following qualifications and to perform supervisory duties that include:
- Ordinary Resident of the Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- Fluent in Kurdish reading, writing and and speaking
- Possess English speaking/reading skill level S4/R4 – highly proficient
- Supervising a guard force of approximately 200 people which provides protection to all facilities
- Preparing guard orders, deployment of guards and weekly scheduling;
- Conduct muster;
- Conducting regular inspections of guards and guard posts;
- Investigating irregularities, maintain inventory reports;
- Preparing reports and making recommendations regarding discipline and termination actions;
- Overseeing the refresher training program to ensure compliance and effectiveness;
- Overseeing guard program logistics including, e.g., explosive detection and x-ray equipment;
- Acting as a point of contact with the client and client management on operational guard force matters;
- Ensure all guards are properly uniformed, equipped and staffed per the exhibit A;
- Plan, coordinate and lead LGF during integrated training and emergency response drills;
- Hold a current host-country driver’s license;
- Complete the contract required supervisor course; and
- Complete and maintain firearms training and certification in accordance with local labor law and the requirements of this contract.
- On successful completion of our vetting, medical and language tests the successful candidate will be offered the position on a permanent contract with a 2 month probation.